Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Stratos
Vampire

Check out the new Pale Master PrC. They even get a skeleton arm.

There's some nice pics of robes there as well.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Cool... also there is a preview of the Eyeball
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:31 AM   #3
ScottG
Drow Warrior

This is the first I've seen that really seems as if its a class truely designed to add-on to another class after "topping-out" the previous class. The real give-away here is the info. at the bottom of the "abilities" section where it states that you get 2 add. spells per day every two levels. To me this screams wizard level 17 or Sorceror level 18 (which is the respective level each class "tops-out" allowing 9th level spells).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:06 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottG:
This is the first I've seen that really seems as if its a class truely designed to add-on to another class after "topping-out" the previous class. The real give-away here is the info. at the bottom of the "abilities" section where it states that you get 2 add. spells per day every two levels. To me this screams wizard level 17 or Sorceror level 18 (which is the respective level each class "tops-out" allowing 9th level spells).
I agree completely. By becoming Pale Master an arcane spellcaster gets some new and interresting powers without loosing any spellcasting powers. Heck, the epic bonus feats are even the same ones as any spellcaster would pick: Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration etc. Too bad there isn't a spellcaster PrC for good-aligned spellcasters.

BTW ScottG, I think PM's only get one additional spell per two levels. Otherwise you would have a heck of alot of spells to cast each day.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:37 PM   #5
ScottG
Drow Warrior

yup, my bad - additional spells every 2 levels not "2" spells every 2 levels.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:05 PM   #6
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

woah
immunity critical hits, hold, stun, paralyze...
a mostly melee class whom becomes a pale master definatly gains a great deal of power.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:57 AM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

I have read some from the BioWare board, and it seems that the DC of your spells doesn't increase if you take levels of PM instead of continue as a Wiz/Sorc. It has already been mentioned that spellcasters might have major difficulties to make their spells work on epic levels. At epic levels all classes get +1 to all saving throws every second level, but the DC of spells don't increase at the same pace. A spellcaster have to take feats like Epic Spell Focus and Epic Spell Penetration just to beat the other guys saves, while the other guy don't need to do anything to raise his saves. This seems to shaft the Sorcerer completely since they don't even get the bonus feats Wizards do.

Does anyone know more about this?
Old 11-23-2003, 12:39 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The DC does not really depend on your level as much as it does your prime req. so I don't know exactly how thay'd incorporate this into the game even if they wanted to.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:39 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

I believe they have capped the positive modifiers at +12 from stats so a stat score of 34 will be the highest you can get, or at least the highest that will allow a modifier.

Looking around the BW forum I found something about spellcasters. The highest DC of spells, as someone calculated, would be around 45 uncluding any feats that rises DC, while a good melee build (one that included the Champion of Torm) can get their saves up in the sixties. Not fair against spellcasters.

But we'll just have to see when the game comes out.