Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 03:41 AM   #11
philip
Galvatron

my preparation:

* look at specs
* look at my computer specs
* search for online shop with cheap new video cards
* wonder which card would be good enough
* closes window as i need to know more about video cards befor i can decide

i just buy hotu first, see if it runs and if it's really bad i'll buy a new videocard. i still have to finish sou maybe i can do that before hotu comes out,perhaps i'll play the winning bridge module, otherwise i'll level up my barabrian fighter to 15/16 (what's the recommended starter level) and play
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 05:50 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Well, I have not readied any character for the advance, but I do have my copy paid for at EB! I guess now that you mention it, I should be considering what I will do.

I am wondering how Ziroc's mod will change when this comes out. I'd be too scared to go there anymore.
Muhahaha!

Na, the only stuff I'd add the earlier levels would be the new placeables and SOME monsters (Cubes) and Some Mindflayers on level 5+. I'll add new tilesets to 12-15. And the 'offshooting' areas. It should be so cool!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 08:51 AM   #13
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Everybody seems to always worry as soon as a new upgrade comes out. Will I be able to play it on my system, what will I have to up grade, is my video card good enough. Well here is the answer! If you can play the first NWN game on your computer then you can play both SoU & HotU. They all use the same graphics engine. The only thing you may need is, more memory.
(1)As long as you have about 2 GB of hard drive left free and clear on your computer.
(2) If you are able to play the original NWN game, then you shouldn't have any trouble with HotU.
From what Bioware has stated: the new expansion and the crossover MOD together should require just under 2.GB of hard drive space.
If you really want to get your computer ready, Just clear some of the junk out of your computer and make some room for what's comming.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:23 AM   #14
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Everybody seems to always worry as soon as a new upgrade comes out. Will I be able to play it on my system, what will I have to up grade, is my video card good enough.
this is for hotu:
Required:
Pentium® III 800 MHz
128 MB RAM (winME) 256 MB RAM WinXP
32 MB video card with Hardware T&L support

this were NWN specs:
Pentium® II 450 MHz
RAM (Windows 98/ME): 96 MB, RAM (Windows 2000/XP): 128 MB
16 MB TNT2-class OpenGL 1.2 compliant video card

everything is nearly doubled. bioware said that hotu would run but that it'd drop in frame rate if you had lower system specs.

these are mines:
petium III 733MHz
128 MB ram winme
32 mb nvidia tnt2 (not supposed to have t&l support i hear)

that means i have 2 things that are under minimum specs for hotu, that were recommended for nwn and sou. also i have around 14 GB hd space free (and everything defragmentated and at fastest possible) and even now my computer has a lower frame rate with some battles and visual effects.

i'm certain it will run but i'm not going to watch how my frame rate drops to really slow and find my character dead at the end of a fight i couldn't follow or control. that's what i'm worrying about
Old 11-16-2003, 03:50 AM   #15
philip
Galvatron

Did you see the asgard movie from the nwvault (the long one)? HotU really looks great! All kind of special effects. beholders look really cool
Old 11-16-2003, 08:54 AM   #16
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

guess i'll have to check it out
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote