Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

This may sound stupid but i really don`t know. What is it? A mod of some sort? Thanks in advance!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

A good question. One that's asked more often than you'd think. A hakpak is anything that modfies something in the game for example a new monster that was never there beforehand. It is like new content although is not official and can sometimes be (for lack of community funding) shabby. There are many hakpaks out there, new creatures, clothes, weapons, appearances, tilesets, enhancements. It's almost endless.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I used to use a shadow hakpack that made castle walls translucent to a certain degree and looked really nice. I met a dude in Undermountain who had a Hak that made his PC headless! Cyril made me a hak once that turned a fire elemental into a shadow elemental. It was really neat to see.

Note: Some haks only work with a certain version of the game if you want to download any, and when you upgrade, you will probably lose the effectiveness of the hak, if it is one that needs a stable enviroment. Does that make sense?

[ 11-14-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Thank both of you. That was bugging me for quite a long time.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

The hak that made the character headless probably isn't a hak at all, but an override. The difference being that a hak needs to be included in the module itself (meaning everyone who plays also needs the hak), whereas the override gives the user a greater choice of heads (in this case) without everyone else needing to download the hakpack (as it isn't part of the module). Of course, if you yourself don't have the same override you won't see a head at all; the character will appear headless.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote