Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
quietman1920

I've been playing NWN for a while now and there's always been something that bugs me. Whenever I complete a chaper, there is suppussed to be charcoal renderings of scenes with naration. The naration Always stutters and sometimes the animation just dies. I've also noticed lately that when I play the game, its has started to move slower and slower. I've cleared my cache and my temp internet files. Granted, I now have a few hundred characters/versions of characters stored up. Do they really take up that much space? Are there settings changes I can make? Last night, all character speach strted sounding like it was bubbling up from under a swimming pool.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:07 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Could be a failing soundcard. What card do you have? Also, space has nothing to do with it so you're okay now. Try running the game with sound disabled under the scan/configure menu and see if the cinematics improve.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:09 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Would that soundcard happen to be a Soundblaster Live?

If so, there are known issues with it, that has been discussed here before, at least twice that I know of. I had to go and buy an Audigy 2 before I could be satisfied with the sound. Not that the decision was forced...I kinda liked the reason to go get a new card...and of course my wife accepted the "detailed" explanation as sufficient to grant me the authority to the funds.

Use the opportunity!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:22 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Turning down the Acceleration for my Soundcard helped solve quite a few problems. May be worth a shot.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote