Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

After Tolgerias gave me a quest to retrieve Valygar dead or alive and bring it to him, I went to his cabin at the Umar Hills. Now, I didn't want to bring his body to Tolgerias thus making the Planar Sphere forever unavailable to me nor did I want to use the body to open the Sphere. Being a greedy neutral evil dwarf my character is, I decided to get both. So, I let Valygar join me for 9500 XP and then went to the Planar sphere with him in the party. I opened the door to the sphere, but instead of going in, I went to Tolgerias to turn him in and claim my reward. I had to kill him beforehand and present Tolgerias with his corpse because Mazzy would object to me turning him in alive (funny, she didn't mind killing him). Tolgerias was pleased and gave me a Ring of the Ram. I also got 11250 XP as well as a -1 on my reputation. The door to the sphere were still open when I got back so I went in. The thing is, after I went to repair the Sphere, Tolgerias appeared and was real angry with me. After I killed him, there was another Ring of the Ram on his body.

Now, I already mentioned that I am a greedy dwarf, but it seemed wrong to take another ring because the programmers obviously didn't predict this. However, it might happen that Tolgerias had more than one Ring of the Ram with him (he has more than one finger). What would you do?
Old 05-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

You can actually get three rings if you pickpocket Tolgerias before you give him Valygars body.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's even possible to get three Rings and still keep Valygar in the party afterwards, but I dislike spoilers, so I'm not going to say how.

The Ring of the Ram's description does not specify that it is a unique item, meaning others could exist. As for Tolgerias having more than one of them, BioWare had every opportunity to remove the Ring from his Planar-Sphere version, especially if he'd already given you a Ring, yet they did not do so, implying that he does, in fact, have more than one. Heck, as a Cowled Wizard, he might be employed in making the things, and have a box full of them in his garage.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Hehe... just imagine some Cowled wizard rumaging around....Box of ram rings, bag of ROP+1, library of scrolls, 420,000 lynx eye gems, ice cream container full of Amulets of the shield... ah here it is: My first ever attempt at a staff of the Magi!