Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2002, 03:19 PM   #1
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

I have just met Conlan in kulduhar and do not have the money to buy everything that I want. He has some great stuff. Short of using the cheat conslole for gold is there anyway to get enough gold to buy this stuff?

Even with 100000 of gold that I had Iwas not able to purchase all the things I wanted. I try to share the wealth and equip my party equally with items to benefit their strengths.

P.S. I am really enjoying this game and all of you at this forum make it more enjoyable. I cannot wait to Play HOF mode when I am done.
Also I hate not getting Xp points for Kills I get NADA for killing the YUAN-TI.Kygon-Jo the neutral good Ranger.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 03:23 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, I don't use cheats and so I NEVER have enough gold to buy everything I'd like, kinda makes it nice to re-play and try buying different things the next time around!
Old 10-11-2002, 04:47 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I was able to upgrade my weapons and armors in every town I visited. I just looted a lot, and sold everything I didn't need, including my old weapons and armor.
Old 10-11-2002, 05:22 PM   #4
Kalak
The Magister

Yep, I had no problem affording things...my 'trick' is basically to loot everything...I fill my characters up except maybe 10 slots on my lead guy and then replace stuff with higher priced stuff. One thing to make sure you get the most of everything is to buy every scroll case and potion case you find at a merchant. Then sell off all those scrolls and potions you won't use. Also, get about 5 gem bags as there are a few very long stretches where you won't see any merchants.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:16 AM   #5
Spikeous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's also a Feat so you can buy cheaper items, isnt it like, merchants blood, or Being a realative to the merchants, something to that effect
Old 10-13-2002, 08:05 AM   #6
timberwolf
Dungeon Master

Also get the highest charisma char to speak to the merchant. The diff sometimes can be nearing to 10K (high value items)
Also the merchant will buy your stuff at a higher price.
Now go stuff those +1 +2 items into your bag of holding..... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 03:12 PM   #7
Iron Spike
Dungeon Master

its mercantile background that gives you a 5% bonus to selling and buying or something like that, and a strange thing i have noticed is that no matter what level my guys are in the starting town i always get exp from goblins, but when i reach chapter 1 the orcs give no experience
Iron Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 08:45 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As mentioned above, I have two potion bags...and constantly fill them up! It seems that every creature I encounter has one or two bottles of something. Now, I am not a potion drinking kinda guy, so I usually sell them all except for a few exceptions. I also have a bag of holding, and I like to strip my enemies of their gear and sell that too. My dwarf is carrying around four axes and two hammers and I cannot decide which ones to keep and let go, but once I choose, I will have some more loot there. Pls, as I said in a previous thread...these monsters in this game are well paid! It takes time, but looting every body eventually pays off when you get to a new town and find that nice item you want.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 11:38 PM   #9
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

And dont forget magic... In IWD it was called 'friends' a first level mage spell. In IWD2 its called Eagles splendor i think. Cast that before your mage does any bigtime shopping. Can make quite the difference.

[ 10-13-2002, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: MasterPooBaa ]
Old 10-22-2002, 11:34 PM   #10
Pyrius
Dungeon Master

Personally Im the stealing type.....my rogue has a ring of invisibility and a high pick pocket skill, I literally rob anyone and everyone blind.......the trick is not stealing from characters that may give you quests later on. Everyone else, well, I hope they have good insurance.