Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 11:54 AM   #1
PGC Viking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Last night I tried to get into the retro dungeon at the cemetary.

Went through the cemetary and clicked on the 6 headstones.

Went to the pillar that "requires a specific item", selected a plain dagger, clicked on the pillar.

Received the "nothing happens" message, but the dagger disappeared.

Wandered around the outside of the cemetary, and saw no mushrooms of any kind.

The pillar no longer says it requires a special item, it just says "nothing happens" if I click on it.

Did I miss a rune? Would clicking a rune twice cause this? Should I go back and try to repeat the whole process? Do I need to go back to an older save?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Viking
PGC Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by PGC Viking:

Went to the pillar that "requires a specific item", selected a plain dagger, clicked on the pillar.

Wandered around the outside of the cemetary, and saw no mushrooms of any kind.

The pillar no longer says it requires a special item, it just says "nothing happens" if I click on it.

Did I miss a rune? Would clicking a rune twice cause this? Should I go back and try to repeat the whole process? Do I need to go back to an older save?

Viking

If you do it right the Dagger should not disappear but you should *clearly* see it sticking out from the pillar that "needs an item".

I've never heard of the dagger disappearing, either it is still somewhere in the inventory or it is lying somewhere on the ground.

If you have clicked on all 6 runestones you did not miss any, and clicking twice does not undo anything.

The tricky part is that to insert the dagger you cannot use the normal "use item" command. You have to enter the inventory select a plain normal non-enchanted simple Dagger, exit the inventory while still holding the dagger then click on the pillar. Continiue until you see the dagger sticking out.

If you complete the previous step correctly the Mushroom circle will appear, outside the graveyard.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 08:14 PM   #3
ice3
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by PGC Viking:

I did have the same the fisrt time. If you don't put the dagger properly on the spot it disappears. Very odd. Possibily a small bug. But since I'm a quick save guy I did directly shift-q and tired again.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:11 PM   #4
Tal'Missra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read in other posts that you must be close enough to the pillar when you use the dagger on it, or you get "nothing happens".

As for it disappearing, mine did the same thing so I re-loaded and tried again at a closer spot. It seemed to work fine that time.

Tal'Missra
Tal'Missra is offline   Reply With Quote