Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 05:31 AM   #1
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

Isn;t this a stragety (i have a game called Heroes of Might and Magic) or isn;t it.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:35 AM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Heroes is a strategy game. Might and magic (without the heroe of) is an RPG series.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:05 AM   #3
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Nope. Might and Magic is a long-lasting RPG series that started over ten years ago... They now have a boxed set out that includes most of the series on one disc, by the way...
Old 09-16-2002, 02:48 PM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Heroes Of Might and Magic is a RTS games! the serie goes from 1 to 4.

And Might and Magic is a RPG games serie who goes from 1 to 9. [img]tongue.gif[/img] hope this help you!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 06:05 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Can you play the earlier versions in Windows or must you play them in DOS?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 11:49 PM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
Can you play the earlier versions in Windows or must you play them in DOS?
You can play almost all of them in windows.
But for m&m 1 to 2 i think they are DOS only games and Homm 1!

[ 09-18-2002, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #7
Hexa
The Magister

Heroes of Might and magic is probably the best strategy game out there!@

For more information go and check this out Heroes Of Might and Magic
Old 10-16-2002, 08:44 PM   #8
SkeleTony
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heroes of M&M is NOT an rts.It is turn-based strategy with rpg elements.Widely considered to be one of the two or three best fantasy themed strategy game series of all time.I recommend HoMM III over the rest but II + exp. pack was tremendous for it's time.

Might and Magic is a series(1-9) of first person, party-based rpgs which began in the early 1980's.The most recent game in the series is generally regarded as the worst rpg to be release in the last 10 years or more.I recommend 5(if you have an older computer),6 & 7.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:49 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

MM is an old series, to be sure. I first played MM1 back in 1988, and got hooked.

MM1 through MM5 used a grid-based movement system which seems archaic by today's standards. Still, they can be quite fun. You can run them on a modern machine if you get the Ultimate Archives (or another specialty compilation); it includes a special tool to slow down your computer to play.

MM4 and MM5 were among the best, since combined together, they created a third world with quests that crossed both. Definitely fun for replay, although it's fairly easy after playing more modern versions.

MM6 introduced a new movement system and improved graphics. Still not what the high-end gamers wanted, but rather fun, just the same. Two words: Castle Darkmoor. It's frustrated more than one party; the monsters have a good chance of winning.

MM7 is often considered the rest of MM6, as there weren't a whole lot of technical improvements. Some changes in the game, such as the choice between darkness and light, but little else.

MM8 was a totally different game. Same basic movement, but you created a single character instead of a party. You picked up other characters along the way to round out your party, which could make the game too easy too quickly. This used the same graphics as MM6, which were definitely dated.

MM9 came out earlier this year, and introduced a new movement engine, new graphics, and a new approach to the game. I've played it several times, and after getting over the newness, I enjoyed it. I like the story and plot in a game more than I care about whiz-bang graphics and cut-scenes. My second game was played with an all-might party, which was rather challenging, but fun just the same.

I enjoy it. You may too.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 06:29 PM   #10
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

MM7 is often considered the rest of MM6, as there weren't a whole lot of technical improvements. Some changes in the game, such as the choice between darkness and light, but little else.

I will add that in this one you actually had to choose a path of light or dark as well which did a cool thing to the screen, and you had to play it twice to get all the different quest and see the different movies.

MM8 was a little similar in that respect but it had more to do with what factions you choose to join you.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote