Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
dominions
Elminster

Hi all!

I haven't bought this game yet, but am thinking of doing so. The only thing that holds me back is my memory Daggerfall. Great game - Pity about the bugs.

Can anyone tell me how 'bugy' Morrowind is?
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 10:41 AM   #2
Winkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Morrowind has some bugs, but the game is worth it. Somtimes you fall through the world, when this happens you can just restart a previous game or somthing. (Doesnt happen often.) Crashing to desktop happens if you don't update your drivers. You can also get stuck just walking but there is a command to fix that. Not too many annoying bugs imo, and very worth the game.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:24 AM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

i've only fallen thru the world once and saved the game right there. then reloaded it and it was fine.

for the stuck in an object, bring up the console ingame (using ~ key) and type in "fixme" (w/o quotes) and you're good to go right away.

hardware problems are more... uh... problematic. and require some people to upgrade all their drivers and play around with different settings ingame and in their system settings. everyhing needs to be DX 8.1 compatible, and, cover your ears all ya's who don't want to hear this, VIA chipsets can cause a variety of problems.

so, make sure your rig meets the minimum requirements, okay, hon?

it has even been shown that some folks around here think the game is SO worth it that they happily go out and buy a whole new rig!

::sighs happily, thinking about those oh-so-worthy game geeks::
kay, nuff said. let me back to my gameboy daydreaming. [img]tongue.gif[/img] oops! i mean back to the game!

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 11:28 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

Hmmm. I have a motherboard with a Via chipset and haven't had many problems, if any. What seems to be the trouble?

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 07:01 AM   #5
GodSlayer
Dungeon Master

Hello

I'm using a VIA chipset, and I haven't had any problems since I downloaded the newest via drivers for windows (I needed those to get Dungeon Siege to run).

GodSlayer
GodSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote