Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I'm currently planning on playing this combination next. Any suggestions on how to make the most of it?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #2
Sparhawk
Quintesson

The actually compliment eachother ok...but I rather like the fighter/cleric combo...just one single lvl in fighter and the rest in cleric...he is one mean fighting machine now...it is all in the spells.
When doing abillities ignore the dex and go for WIS+STR and then CHAR and INT *hehe
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Thats true. But Fighter isn't a prestige class, and I'd hate to get the XP penalty [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

dreamer Xplain that?....I don´t know about that
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:01 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Thats true. But Fighter isn't a prestige class, and I'd hate to get the XP penalty [img]smile.gif[/img]
I assume you don't want to play a human or half-elf character.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Nope, I usually play an Elven character for roleplaying reasons. Hm.. do you guys think it would be possible to make a Rogue/Shadowdancer/Weaponmaster?
Old 02-28-2004, 02:56 PM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

Could be an interresting class combo. Both requires Dodge and Mobility, so you'll only need Weapon Focus:X, Expertise, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack. A sneak attacking WM could be dangerous.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:19 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Nope, I usually play an Elven character for roleplaying reasons. Hm.. do you guys think it would be possible to make a Rogue/Shadowdancer/Weaponmaster?
AS stated in the manual! A weapon Master seeks to unite a single weapon of choice with the body, to make them one and to use the weapon as naturally and without thought as any other limb.
only one problem in order to be multiclass and a weapon master the book States;
"Proficiencies: No additional proficiencies gained
so you Have to start your player as a Weapon Master at level 1 and the only thing you can become after that is an Epic Weapon Master. I don't think you can multi class and still be a Weapon Master.
It looks to me that your choice of Rogue/Shadowdancer/Weaponmaster won't work.
If it does work please start a new post all it's own and let everyone Know how you did it. Thanks TCB

[ 02-28-2004, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 02-29-2004, 02:33 AM   #9
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Rogue/Shadowdancer/Weaponmaster?

Problem with this is those opponents that are not susceptable to sneak attack or criticals (undead and constructs) - usually boss's as well.

doable even for an elf.. Rogue 7 levels then Shadow Dancer 8 levels then you can start on the Weaponmaster. (and this is only you if select the feats perfectly - you should use rapier as the weapon for the weapon master, you don't have enough feats by level 15 to select exotic weapon and then select an exotic weapon to specialize in). Of course your final feat selection should be improved critical rapier.

the real saving grace w/ this character is the hide in plain site feature of the shadow dancer - not for offensive sneak attacks (though thats great) but instead for the defensive "walk-away" from being attacked while hidden. obviously the higher your skill in hide and move silently the better.

btw, it multi-classes fine.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote