Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 05:53 PM   #11
Stratos
Vampire

Not that it will make you feel any better Tiela, but I've experienced some problems with HotU as well; difficulties starting the game and the occasional game crashes. I never had this with NWN and SoU alone. HotU seems less stable than the other two.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Tiela are you running XP or 2K?
Old 02-16-2004, 05:16 AM   #13
philip
Galvatron

Might this cause the problem:

Craig Welburn - Live Team Programmer -

Game Crashes:
We did identify a problem where some information stored on a familiar could become invalid and cause the game to crash at this point. If you have a familiar summoned, try unsummoning it before talking to the battle herald. That should allow you to get around the problem until the 1.62 patch is available.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:19 AM   #14
Tiela
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spirit Warrior, I'm running XP. Epona, I'm sorry to hear about your computer troubles. I know that's really frustrating.

Phillip - I'm really excited by your information. I did have a familar summoned, so I wonder if that could help me. Also, it turns out that I was smarter than I thought I was - I had previously saved a copy of my game in another folder before uninstalling. So, if I can ever get NWN reinstalled, I think maybe that will help. I moved on to Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon already, but it should be a fairly short game, so I'll give reinstalling NWN a try in a week or two. Thanks so much for the information!

[ 02-17-2004, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Tiela ]
Tiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:25 PM   #15
Tiela
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finally managed to get NWN reinstalled. Then I reinstalled both expansion packs and updated through the opening screen. I loaded the game I had saved in a separate file, and I finally got the cut scene everyone was talking about! My computer did freeze during the actual fight a few minutes later, so I took phillip's advice to unsummon my familar, which I didn't really need for the battle, anyway. After that, I had no problems at all.

Thanks so much to everyone for your help. Now I can finally finish the game! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-28-2004, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Tiela ]
Old 02-29-2004, 06:40 AM   #16
philip
Galvatron

Good to hear it works. BTW did you update to version 1.62 as that bug is fixed according to the patch details. Unless this is another bug which they couldn't find because the game crashed before this.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #17
Tiela
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I have the latest patch installed. It may have just been a random crash that I didn't need to unsummon the familiar for. I haven't had the game crash in any other place, though. I have resummoned my familiar (in Cania), and the game is running fine now, though.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
philip
Galvatron

Could be just random. i hear HotU makes the game less stable sometimes.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:41 PM   #19
Stratos
Vampire

The game can crash if there's alot happening on the screen at the same time, it happened once or twice for me as well when I played through HotU.