Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2001, 07:33 AM   #1
Master C
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all! I need some help. I got the game like 2 days ago and am at Kresslach's cave. I'm just outside where he is about to go in. I've alredy opened the door. I know what to do when i get to him so i know how to complete that part. I need help with the bit in easthaven where you have to help that guy who does stuff with the knucklehead fish get the wolf outta his shop. These are the guys i got:

3 lvl3 fighters [humans], 2 lvl3 fighters [dwarf] and a lvl2/2 illuustionist/fighter [gnome].

I was wodering couldi use a scrol that i got to unlock the door? could this also work at Kuldahar where the door is locked? plz help

Also, i was reading another topic about ppl saying how good it is to use missiles and stuff. I don't got any of those type of guys. I got 1 dwarf who is lvl1 prof.eff in crossbows but thats about it. What should i do?
Master C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 10:02 AM   #2
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Master C:

Hey all! I need some help. I got the game like 2 days ago and am at Kresslach's cave. I'm just outside where he is about to go in. I've alredy opened the door. I know what to do when i get to him so i know how to complete that part. I need help with the bit in easthaven where you have to help that guy who does stuff with the knucklehead fish get the wolf outta his shop. These are the guys i got:

3 lvl3 fighters [humans], 2 lvl3 fighters [dwarf] and a lvl2/2 illuustionist/fighter [gnome].

I was wodering couldi use a scrol that i got to unlock the door? could this also work at Kuldahar where the door is locked? plz help

Also, i was reading another topic about ppl saying how good it is to use missiles and stuff. I don't got any of those type of guys. I got 1 dwarf who is lvl1 prof.eff in crossbows but thats about it. What should i do?
If I where you I would create the following party
Fighter (human)
Fighter (human)
Ranger (human, equip with a bow)
Cleric (doesn't matter which race)
Mage (preferably an Invoker) (human, elf or half-elf)
Thief (no matter what race) --> you need this one for the traps

I can't remember that with the door in Kuldahar, I thought it had something to do with a quest

Almost forgot, Welcome

------------------

Lady Menqel, Protector of IW's, smiter of evil

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
- Priest of Helm
- Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
- Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
- Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness
- Thanks to Sazerac for the great sig picture

[This message has been edited by Mirac Honorguard (edited 10-20-2001).]
Mirac Honorguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 05:33 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

You can pick the lock but seeing as you have no thief in the party that sollution is out. Try bashing it in. Select your strongest fighter and 'force attack' the door. The spell 'knock' might do the trick aswell but i don't know if you have it.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 06:36 PM   #4
Master C
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It is ok,i have fixed the problem. I switched one of my fighters into a dual-class fighter/thirf. it works wonders on locks and sh*t. Thanks for the help.
Master C is offline   Reply With Quote