Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 11:00 AM   #1
Necromancer3000
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need help with the Vale its really hard i just got this game.The carrion crawlers are hard as heck. Its really frustrating for me, and i dont no what to do in there. I cant find the evil that is plauging Kuldahar. I found that Yetti cave though with the tent and boxes of jewels and spells.So could you plz provide me with some spoilers(slightspoilers)and tips and hints , thanx

Necromancer3000
Necromancer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 11:37 AM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You should enter the cave after you've been through all of the crypts. You'll need to go and give someone a right good drubbing (as you will be requested to do).

As for the difficulty, it is a bit different from BG say, but missile weapons are the key. My finest piece of advice would be to look at my sig. There's no shame in running off and smacking them later. Try using one character to draw the crawlers out and have all of the others ready with missile weapons. Being able to pause on the Inventory screen means you can safely switch back to mêlée weapons whenever you like. Which is nice. Move back and set up the attack again, and...dead crawler anyone?

Part of the puzzle about the evil that plagues Kuldahar will be discovered at the end of the series of crypts. Don't worry if it doesn't make too much sense so far. There's a long way to go yet.
------------------
Making running away an art form

[This message has been edited by Lord Brass (edited 10-16-2001).]
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 11:53 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) Use missile weapons! Don't engage enemies at close range unless you absolutely have to, then switch to melee weapons and go after it with your front-liners.

2) Use magic. Chromatic Orb and Magic Missile, even at lower levels, do wonders on things like Carrion Crawlers.

3) If you have a cleric, have him "Turn Undead" while the others are fighting. That way, you won't get swamped by skeletons upon entering the crypts.

4) Strategy: What you are doing is working your way through the Vale to the crypt at the top right of the map (that's Kresselack's Tomb, and you need things from some of the other crypts in the map before you tackle it.) That should be the last crypt you face.

5) The middle crypt (where all the chests are and the tents) you will come back to after Kresselack's Tomb. Meanwhile, loot the goodies that are in there first, as they will be a great help in taking on Kresselack's tomb.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 08:14 PM   #4
Necromancer3000
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx guys im going to work on that now and my mage Magus the necromancer does no both cromatic orb and magis missle and my just plane mage nos magic missle and i stole that amulet from the wizard dude in the tower. Anyways i have my theif witha crapload of arrows and a short bow. And my fighter dalgar has 33 hp and 18/94 attack and 19 constitution, and my palidans nice to and use my cleric like that 2 i get it now it only works on Undead creatures(turn undead) thanx for the advice

Necromancer3000
Old 10-16-2001, 11:16 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Cool, you must have a dwarf as a fighter with a 19 CON. Be sure to equip everyone with Missile weapons; it's worth spending at least 1 prof. point on when you get it, especially in the later stages of the game.

It sounds as if you're doing good so far. Let us know how it goes!

------------------
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 02:25 PM   #6
Necromancer3000
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Its awsome i did wat u said and i beat the cript with the gate key, like a week b4 i joined ironworks i beet therik the armored skeloto and that whole tomb, last noght besides betting the tomb with the gate key i was killing soem stuff in Kressalacks tomb to lvl and dalgar lvled up to level4!! he kicks booty now probally even though he already did hell kick more but now. i feel mlike singing good ol MC Hammer"DoDoDoDo DoDo DoDo You cant touch this dodododo dodo dodo You Cant touch This"
Toodles
Necromancer3000
Old 10-19-2001, 01:12 PM   #7
Necromancer3000
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lst night i got a totle(or wateva) of beeting 4 cpripts and the cave in the vale im in kresselacks tomb fighting the bonedancer guy and fighting him killing him and some of his gaurdians or killing them all with guys of mine dead so i reload and i reason with him try to at least get exp and lvl my mage and theif and necro wich is good and imm getting them all spells that r good agianst undead.

Toodles
Necromancer3000
Old 10-19-2001, 04:45 PM   #8
shawnme
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You have to go in order in the tumbs. Us range weapons on 2 to 3 of you careters. You can put good stuf on them using a trick.
shawnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 04:55 PM   #9
shawnme
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The trick to do is inport one of the cariters at the top of the list the same kind you will be using transfer all items then deleat the cariter. do as many times as needed.
shawnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 04:04 PM   #10
Necromancer3000
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thats just great i ve beaten a total of 6 tombs if u count the cave as 1 and now i no that i have to beet them all in order eeeeerrrrgh

The formally Sane
Necromancer3000

[This message has been edited by Necromancer3000 (edited 10-21-2001).]