Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2000, 03:11 PM   #1
Cass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

I have two questions, that I'd hope that somebody could please help me with...

Q1. Dungeon in Windspear Hills, I do not understand how I can kill the 'Ruhk Transmuter' standing by the first door.
My weapons and magic doesn't seem to have any affect on him.

What am I doing wrong (Rookie I am...)

Q2. Was it stupid to take this mission 'Lord Jierdan Firkraag', as the first mission/quest (At Inn in slumms).
Should I have choosed an easier one, to start off with?
My character is still not a 'high level' guy...

I'd appreciate any help on this.
Old 10-19-2000, 03:50 PM   #2
Breakdaddy
Welcomed New User

I would probably kick some of the other missions off like the beast master mission in the pub itself or some others before firkraag. Ruhk the transmuter requires magical weapons to hurt and has magical wards against minor spells. Also at the end of Firkraag is a HUGE creature that you dont have to fight, but if you kill youll get some great loot.
Old 10-19-2000, 03:58 PM   #3
Cass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx Breakdaddy!

Will do some easier missions to start with, like you suggested.

One thing though, when I was fighting the 'Ruhk Transmuter', my character was using a 2-hand sword +1, but I still failed to inflict any damage on him. Some of the NPC also had weapon +1, like mace and long sword.

Anyway, thanx for yer help.

Best Regards

Cass
Old 10-19-2000, 04:00 PM   #4
Bzzz

SPOILER!

Hmmm. This is a difficult quest indeed. Im trying to get past some Vampires, which i did, but at the expense of two members level drained, and then i meet Mr. Greater Wherewolf, who after 5 minutes of fighting, is "Barely Injured". Im really thinking i should try this later-on since it is pretty difficult.

Old 10-19-2000, 04:12 PM   #5
Zlinky

SPOILER
It's not too bad if you know what to do - the Ruhk transmuter needs +2 weapons, methinks and if you buy 5 or so restoration scrolls, and memorise NEGATIVE PLANE PROTECTION the vampires can be beat. The greater wolfwere is one tough S**T. It regenerates really fast - just throw EVERYTHING at it. As a guide, don't try this one until Jaheira's about level 11 (Druid). Try the paladin or thief quest first. As for Fikraag himself, look at IronWorks hints and tips page, I've got how to beat him on there. Hope this helps

Old 12-31-2000, 07:00 PM   #6
Maestro
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To kill the Rhuk Transmuter, i detonated his kobolds, and that hurt him a bit. Then I went solo on him with my lvl 10 paladin, With the Daystar sword and shield of mirroring (immunity to missile weapons). He is just like any Rakshasai, fairly good magic and resistances, but not very powerful fighters.
If you have Daystar, it can be used against any powerful undead, because of its "Sunray" ability, undead must save vs death against it, or they are destroyed. This works wonders on vampires, mummies, fiends, and any undead creature. Greater wolfweres disappointed me, they just weren't that hard to kill. I had my paladin and Minsc with the Flail of Ages go melee agiainst him, and everyone else used either bows, slings, or Magic Missiles.
Old 12-31-2000, 08:24 PM   #7
JuuBu

Can't say that Ruhk was much of a problem if you have decent weapons but it gets silly beyond the door, 2 of my chars have been level drained to level 1 and all other have been drained a few levels too. Any hints on how to do this, and plz dont tell me to bring restoration scrolls cuz i have already used 4 or 5.

Are there any immune to drain items or similar? and where does the paladin quest start? (might do that instead)