Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
Cornbread
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have been finding gems with [forge] or something in the name, are they special in any way? I have been keeping them just in case they are useful, maybe in a diablo-esque way to implant powers on items. Just curious if I should continue to horde them or not. Thanks in advance,

Sly
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yep, soon, I'll soon be adding enhanced forging scripts that will use those to increase items like armor and weapons.. Keep a few of each kind, sell the rest [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILERS!!!

At the moment you can find a [forge] longsword on level 13. If you use the [forge]diamonds & [forge]rubys you can make 2 nice swords.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Do Diamonds still add lightining damage when forged to a
forgeable weapon? What do Rubies add? I can't seem to
find out at Bioware maybe I should look in the manual!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Diamonds make the blade sharper (IIRC its make it keen) Rubys make the blade do bleeding damage.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Ziroc?
Any tips on where to find that Claw of Choc? I know it's not directly related to this thread, but I would love to find it.

Now, how that relates to this thread? Simple. I know that I myself will be (after I soup up me characters some more) questing for at least two sets per character. An easy way to get us to go through more of the levels is the promise of either set items or [forge] items on the levels which aren't used as much. (I know I avoid Levels 4 to 6 due to lag issues I find there vs. cash potential. Soon that may be solved with more RAM coming and a better graphics card hopefully on the way.) Every level is great, but when on money runs, I just head to the places where I know I'll make the most. With new [forge] items coming out, I for one will be taking new interest in some of those lesser explored areas as I am sure Ziroc will start planting there JUST to see how long it takes for people like me to wisen up and do some serious exploring again.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote