Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 05:57 AM   #1
Valiant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok to be honest I've played the game by cheating, to make quick money. But I was wondering was there any way or tips to making real money without cheating. Cause to be honest the game stinks at the fact you don't make alot of money easily to build your characters. Any ideas or solutions? Thanks

P.S.- Does the money trick work with the patch? Cause I can't seem to get it to work now. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what.

[This message has been edited by Valiant (edited 03-19-2001).]
Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 08:47 AM   #2
woodelf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The honest way that I make money is to have a rogue with high lockpicking and a priest with high artifact skills. Selling unID'd stuff nets a 50% loss and not opening chests is self-explanatory. I also packrat and go to town to sell off a lot. If I'm full and find a wandering npc I sell what I can to them and collect more crap.

To be honest I was pleased with how well W&W did the gold. Most games start out with your party in poverty and then by endgame you have way too much. I never felt strapped early on and now I can always train in something when I find 10K burning a hole in my leather leggings.

Not sure if this helps, but gold can be made honestly if you're thrifty.
woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 09:09 AM   #3
Moni

Once you are a member of the Bushi Guild you can buy the special arrows there and sell them back for big profit. Don't know if it is technically cheating but it got my party members INTO training where I otherwise just had only enough to scrape by.

: )
Moni
Old 03-19-2001, 10:04 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There is also the "Fletchery" trick, for which you have to have a Ranger with 5th level Warrior's Guild standing. Fletchery costs $5000 to obtain as a trait, but more than pays for itself in the long run.

Once you get the Fletchery trait, get your Ranger the most expensive arrow you can find for him. If you can add Hit and Damage blessings on it, all's the better. (Best thing is to do the Bushi Dojo "Dragon Arrow" quest and give it to the Ranger while you're traveling to find Torin). The ranger must have a bow equipped, and must have at least 1 of these arrows equipped. As time passes, the ranger replicates the arrows using Fletchery (this is done automatically). When you get to Torin, have the ranger divvy the arrows, split 1 off and give it back to the guy that's supposed to complete the quest. Re-equip the rest. The ranger will make up to 50 arrows in one slot.

When s/he gets to 50 arrows, unequip, divvy off 49, and re-equip 1 to start replicating again. Now sell the 49 arrows. Just to let you know: 49 fully blessed (+12 Damage) Dragon arrows sell for over 23,000,000 ducats!!

Of course, you have to have the money (and skill) to bless them up that high. Just keep using the arrows and selling them to get more skill and blessing ability. Soon, money will no longer be a concern.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 11:24 AM   #5
mnorman
Welcomed New User

This is technically as legal as buying and selling arrows but not quite as legit as finding stuff and id'ing it. Someone posted this little gem several weeks ago and I can't remember who it was but if you are in the ishad nha area, get the writ, kill the wolf, and go to the stout mines. Talk to Freyedies and go kill some lava hounds to get the dragon ore which is a pile on the wall and not on the floor like one would think. Anyway, return ore to Freyedies, walk out of throne room and back in. Once you have the dragon armor, return to town and sell it at the armory. The dragon armor sells for 12,500 but you can buy it back for 10,000 thus making you 2,500 a pop. This is much better than using the valeia inn trick and creating and deleting hundreds of poor characters to get that 7th lvl training.
mnorman is offline   Reply With Quote