Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #21
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
This could be spoiler but anywho...
2. ...After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."
You could actually utter this after several parts of the movie, like after every big action sequence. Be sure to keep track of the number of soft drinks thrown at you, so you can report it back to us [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 10:44 AM   #22
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

The only mistake you could make in a theatre with this movie is going to see it. It will suck -- big time. Go see something else. I hear Last Samurai is Oscar quality.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:08 AM   #23
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
The only mistake you could make in a theatre with this movie is going to see it. It will suck -- big time. Go see something else. I hear Last Samurai is Oscar quality.
bah, both of those suck, try Elf instead I am certain it will sweep the Oscars.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:25 AM   #24
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Am I the only one who looks at the "King of Men" and think, "Jake, you never shoulda done that to Sidney back at Melrose Place?"

Or, did you ever watch the fight between Sarumon and Gandalf and think, "Wow, after all this time it turns out all those staves do is telekinesis." That was a sure-fired grooooaaaner. Not even one fizzle of magic anything. Harry Potter's crappy sword was better. Let us hope we don't have to suffer the geriatric stick-based burley brawl again.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:08 PM   #25
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Lmao! Love these! I reckon number 18 would annoy people the quickest!! Especially if you just do it quietly into the ear of the person in front [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2003, 06:56 AM   #26
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
12. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!"
See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.
Now that is funny, I'm serious I might have to try some of these.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:48 AM   #27
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Am I the only one who looks at the "King of Men" and think, "Jake, you never shoulda done that to Sidney back at Melrose Place?"

Or, did you ever watch the fight between Sarumon and Gandalf and think, "Wow, after all this time it turns out all those staves do is telekinesis." That was a sure-fired grooooaaaner. Not even one fizzle of magic anything. Harry Potter's crappy sword was better. Let us hope we don't have to suffer the geriatric stick-based burley brawl again.
Generally, the magic in Middle-Earth is pretty subtle, understated stuff. Talking to birds, lighting fires, extremely nourishing food and all that. The whole telekinesis thing is probably as overt and obvious as magic gets in Middle-Earth (and in the book, Gandalf comes quietly and doesn't fight), without devolving into sorcery. And even then, even Sauron - mightiest power of sorcery on Middle-Earth at the time - didn't throw fireballs.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:55 AM   #28
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
quote:

Generally, the magic in Middle-Earth is pretty subtle, understated stuff. Talking to birds, lighting fires, extremely nourishing food and all that. The whole telekinesis thing is probably as overt and obvious as magic gets in Middle-Earth (and in the book, Gandalf comes quietly and doesn't fight), without devolving into sorcery. And even then, even Sauron - mightiest power of sorcery on Middle-Earth at the time - didn't throw fireballs. [/QUOTE]The only real overt sorcery in the books was during Gandalf's confrontation with the Balrog on the Bridge. When he broke the bridge beneath the Balrog's feet. I do think the Peter did a good job of externalizing the battle of wills between Gandalf and Sarumon in their confrontations.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:33 PM   #29
Arvon
Unicorn

To parody an old vaudeville line for number 11: "He' come de Forest! He' come de Forest!

[ 12-03-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

53.7% of all statistics are made up