Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 05:09 AM   #31
Vampire

Hey everyone, I am in the process of making
Baldur's Gate III - Heart of Cormyr
Chapter 1:

Here is a brief taster of ONLY the FIRST chapter:

Resident with your beloved in your fortress Durlag's Tower, you have lived in bliss and comfort for 20 years. Though a mere flash for the elven race, your fellow human adventurers have passed into old age if not beyond. News has reached you of the disappearance of Minsc and the death of Keldorn in defending Athkatla.
However, even more worrying is the recent escalation in border skirmishes between Amn and Baldur's Gate. Trade war has led to both sides accusing each other of plundering trade lines and even worse: assassination. Waterdeep's attempt to steer the two states away from war has led to an Amn sponcered Shadow Thief attack on the Lords of Waterdeep, killing 1 and injuring another.
Now an army marches south from Waterdeep, gathering strength at Baldur's Gate with hundreds of Flaming Fists.
Amn in defence have bannished the Shadow Thieves from Athkatla and called for neighbouring aid from Tethyr and even as far south as Calisham.
Already leading elements of Flaming Fists swarm the once quiet and peacefull town of Beregost. Likewise, Amnnish soldiers heavily patrol Nashkell and it's surrounding countryside.
You are summoned to a high meeting to Candlekeep to discuss the state of affairs. Yet it is at Candlekeep you feel a sudden unease... as if your sweet former home brews with evil...
Little do you know, your journey will take you further and deeper than ever before.
Before long you will meet with old friends, ascend the steps of Zhentil Keep, look out from the heights of the Raven Citadel, battle with the avatars of gods, travel to the heart of cormyr, and finally meet your destiny...

All in the: Baldur's Gate III - Heart of Cormyr

Old 01-03-2003, 10:47 AM   #32
Grungi
Banned User

ff7 - classic game and great if you like the series and all the subgames

fallout 2 - superb if you like alot of humour in a postapolyptic wasteland, v.v.good game. Very non-linear as well, exploring just to see what weirdo creatures i could encounter made it all worthwhile, though being some ogres gimp for the night because i failed an arm wrestling competition was painful, still i got a free ballgag out of it [img]tongue.gif[/img] (how many games put you in that kinda situation eh ? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) havent played fallout unfortunately though id like to

baldurs gate 1 (havent played two yet but that shall be rectified) superb game which you cna play through a few times without being bored at all, durlags tower itself is well worth the addon pack.

nwn - i completed it last night, not overly impressed with the linear plot or anything else, the editor is fun though and creates possiblities.

icewind dale - just started on this one and so far its not drawn me in like baldurs gate did the first time i played it, seems a bit linear so far tbh.

morrowind - superb game if you like non linear and your quests all over the place, a truly awesome world is created, my only gripe would be that its too easy, nothing can stand up to the hammer i wield in it. Other problem is that its not something you can go onto for a quick half hour here and there, it requires more dedication, all in all though theres not been much close to it for its style of the genre, i prefer bg but i couldnt explain why [img]tongue.gif[/img]

myth + myth2 are strategy, wouldnt class them as rpg, they are a lot of fun though, very very hard games too even on easiest setting. and what u mean they are in same series as halo? no they arent?

ultima series - well i played all the early ones and didnt like em much, but serpent isle changed my opinion, it was an amazing game, one of the best i have played, i tried black gate and pagan but neither got close, serpent isle was huge, non-linear, you could wander around for hours without progressing the plot. Didnt play the latest ones, they looked pretty bad tbh.

Eye of the beholder 1&2- great games, soooo annoying if you had no way of curing poison and got bitten by spiders though [img]tongue.gif[/img] died too much from those damned things.

theres a few of the really old classics like the original lord of the rings on amstrad cpc that were class (remember them from about 18 years ago now?)

out of the list above of the ones i have played id probably have to go for serpent isle as my favourite, i never even owned the game, always played it on a friends machine but it kept me so addicted back then [img]smile.gif[/img]