Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 11:02 AM   #21
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Irony is in the eye of the rony... or something like that...
Old 07-04-2002, 11:08 AM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
You actually think your threads are important?
I must've missed that part... I don't think he actually said that, LoA. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Who's to say what's important anyway? To some, maybe the whole Internet is a pile of useless horsedung. To others, it's definitely not. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2002, 01:35 PM   #23
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I have just had my attention drawn to this thread, and am frankly shocked and disappointed by the level personal abuse in some of the posts.

To quote my fellow moderator, Memnoch...

Quote:
You DO NOT have the right to be offended just because someone else has a different opinion to you - just as they have no right to be offended that you have a different opinion to them.

You DO have the right to be offended if someone attacks you personally while you are expressing a point of view.
I'm not going to shut this thread, but I will be keeping a close eye on how the participants behave.

To all of you who read this, please check the "Rules and Regulations" via the button at the top of the page. I ask you to exercise self-restraint and respect for your fellow members whilst discussing this and other "controversial" subjects. If you cannot adhere to this simple instruction, then please conduct your exchanges by PM or e-mail and refrain from posting until you can.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 07-04-2002, 02:07 PM   #24
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Fortunately here we can speak out as well as act to make our nation and our world a better place. No one can take that away from an American like me unless they take my last breath away too.

Happy Independence Day! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Um, Western Europe is generally thought to be pretty free and easy as far as personal expression and personal freedom goes. It's not confined to the US, y'know... [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]But of course, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Power to the people isn't an exclusively American thang.
Old 07-04-2002, 02:13 PM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by K T Ong:
Why is it so difficult for America to learn to get along with others? China could do it -- the number of times China has been really difficult with her neighbors in the past 5,000 years can be numbered using the fingers of one hand. Why not America?
Are you for real? What's your definition of China? Tibet? Inner Mongolia? Taiwan? Vietnam? Korea? That's two hands without thinking.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-04-2002, 02:16 PM   #26
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
LOL if you think I follow any political affiliation your sadly mistaken. I actually would have thought you had known that by now, perhaps you havent picked up on my irreverence to most subjects. I assume your not a "slow learner"?
Now lets get to your whining. For as long as I can remember your constantly wailing about what the US has done. It seems to me there are many more subjects that you have failed to whine about. I'd be happy to give you some ideas-

1) whine about war in Africa, there more than enough to go around. And FAR more dead than in Afghanistan
2)whine about the so-called "communist" guerillas in Columbia that terrorize the country, kidnapping at will and selling cocaine to the entire world
3)whine about the recent altercation on the seas between North and South Korea
4)whine about the overt abuse of steroids in major league baseball
5)quit whining-its unbecoming
I suppose threads discussing "What's the longest booger you pulled out of nose" are much more important than the threads I have been posting.

Mark
[/QUOTE]It's harder to make people laugh than to make them cry Mark.

Old 07-04-2002, 02:21 PM   #27
WillowIX
Apophis

Well the trouble in Tibet and Taiwan didnīt com up until the rest of the world started to put their noses in (where they were needed according to me). But Tibet still has no government do they? I know Taiwan has, but half that couynrty wants to re-join China and the rest become independant. That mixture sadly always leads to trouble... Still, wouldnīt it be nice with a world where all people were friends?
Old 07-04-2002, 02:26 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Well the trouble in Tibet and Taiwan didnīt com up until the rest of the world started to put their noses in (where they were needed according to me). But Tibet still has no government do they? I know Taiwan has, but half that couynrty wants to re-join China and the rest become independant.
Whoooaaaa. No. The problems for Tibet go back much further than that. Their 'government' the Dalai Lama, is in exile. The Chinese empire initially created the position of Dalai Lama in the first place!

Regarding Taiwan, I recognise Taiwans independence, even if many governments won't state the obvious.

Old 07-04-2002, 02:31 PM   #29
WillowIX
Apophis

My mistake then, lol... I donīt really care about the Dalai Lama. Not since all the articles in the human rights are broken by the Chinese in Tibet. As a dr that makes me real upset
Too me polititians are people who are trying to convince you that air is water a the dark is really light, lol...

[ 07-04-2002, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 07-04-2002, 03:43 PM   #30
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
My mistake then, lol... I donīt really care about the Dalai Lama. Not since all the articles in the human rights are broken by the Chinese in Tibet. As a dr that makes me real upset
Too me polititians are people who are trying to convince you that air is water a the dark is really light, lol...
Willow, the Dalai Lama is Tibeten. Part of the oppressed, not the oppressors the Han.

It's an interesting fact that the old Chinese Empire set up the position that's all. Makes one partially understand why the culturally revolutionary Maoists are/were so against the concept of "God-King" that the Dalai Lama is to Tibeten Buddhists.

What is a "dr" BTW?

[ 07-04-2002, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]