Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 07:53 PM   #21
Moiraine
Anubis

Since I've been used for years to switch daily between US keyboard at work and French keyboard at home, I think I could adjust quickly to any kind of keyboard. [img]smile.gif[/img]

What I hate is that new MS mouse with its additional left wing that goes back to the previous page on IE. Especially since I've got a small hand, I keep being thrown back to the previous page ... Aaaarrrggghhh !!! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 08:05 PM   #22
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
I'm one of the lucky ones, I've grown up with it so it doesn't phase me - I still have trouble typing on those Natural Keyboards though.
You young whipper-snapper [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 08:22 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

New Keyboards are like new Shoes, takes time to wear them in [img]smile.gif[/img] I get so attached to a keyboard, I will keep it, and clean it, until it just simply cannot be fixed no matter what, only THEN will I be forced to get a new one LOL.

I got one of those ergonomic split keyboards a few years ago for Chrismas, it made me ill, the arm positioning you needed to use it was just not fitting or comfortable for me. Dumb thing had one of those mouse platform thingies on it, that are just a flat square and you are supposed to press and move your finger on it, which moves the cursor. I HATED that! I mean it really sucked, was choppy and it was positioned on the Left of the keyboard, so just an uncomfortable and lame way of moving around on the computer. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-09-2002, 08:52 PM   #24
Epona
Zartan

Gah! Wendy, I HATE those fingery mouse job thingie whatchamacallits. I borrowed a laptop while I was upgrading my PC last year and it had one - trying to play IWD with it was torture. 'OI, where are ya going mate, I didn't frikken click there, or did I?' Took me a week of torture before I worked out I could plug my mouse into it

Some lessons you have to learn the hard way LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 08:56 PM   #25
Encard
Quintesson

*grin* I can't remember using any of the older keyboards without these keys... maybe around 1st grade... so... I never had to get used to them. THe keys are a bit annoying, but I don't usually have too much of a problem. As for split keyboards, though... my first computer had one, so... I actually had more trouble with normal ones for a while. [img]smile.gif[/img] Managed to adjust pretty quickly, though, especially since school didn't have split keyboards. *shrug* Cowlike?
Old 05-09-2002, 08:59 PM   #26
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Encard:
*grin* I can't remember using any of the older keyboards without these keys... maybe around 1st grade... so... I never had to get used to them. THe keys are a bit annoying, but I don't usually have too much of a problem. As for split keyboards, though... my first computer had one, so... I actually had more trouble with normal ones for a while. [img]smile.gif[/img] Managed to adjust pretty quickly, though, especially since school didn't have split keyboards. *shrug* Cowlike?
Hey, where did you park your cow? Wanna watch those parking zones, it might get clamped. Nothing worse than a clamped cow. MOOOOOOO!
Old 05-09-2002, 09:00 PM   #27
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Suck don't they Epona? Well LAPTOPS, that is an entirely different matter LOL. They get on my nerves too. The keyboard is so tiny and the keys so close together, takes more of an up and down peck than a nice relaxed flow re typing, hate that! Took the laptop two years ago on Christmas to relatives house, and tried to play BGII, but the family's house had skylights, and the light kept reflecting on the screen I couldn't see a thing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-10-2002, 01:15 AM   #28
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

once, i tried pressing the sleep keyboard features. my comptuer went on standby. my mother tried it and went hysterical thinking she destroyed her computer.. hehe... didnt even think of pressing the wakeup button. these added features complicate things you know.

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-10-2002, 03:39 AM   #29
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Urrk.. don´t get me starting about the portable ones... :S

They all suck no matter comapny!!

The best sofar must be Sony Vaio, the feel of thoose keys are at least solid.. But thoose little finger pads or trckings and other crappy devices can make you feel like you bought a very expensive freesbee..

I tried logitechs keyboards just recently, since I prefer their mouses, I had hoped that they would be good, but their latest keyboard feels "fragile" and has the early I-mac smllerized tiny imsy "yeah-you-gonna-type-it-wrong" keyboard keys... :S

I miis the feel of the C-64 and the Amiga 500! Thoos ahd great typing feelings! .. ahhh thoose were the days...

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 05-10-2002, 03:45 AM   #30
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

lol... We stuck a C64 in a garage sale we had last year and to see the chunky keyboard and the solid keys made me laugh so hard!