Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 06:20 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Want to relive some of the greatest speeches in American history? Check this site: BUSHDAMAN

Minor example ME2
ME3
ME4
ME5
ME6
ME7 ME8

I especially love these ones: Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better

And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything.

This Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Reagan International Airport.

We ought to be the country feeding faces all across the world.

I had great visits with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. They're -- according to some American newspapers, they're, you know, very much engaged, and I appreciate that. I'm pleased with that. I think that's a positive development.

After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society

I reconciled my love for my dad a long time ago.

- George W. Bush (junior)

[ 05-08-2002, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 05-08-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

*snicker

REPORTER: A friend-raiser?
DUBYA: Well, that's opposed to a fundraiser.
REPORTER:What's a friend-raiser?
DUBYA: A friend-raiser? Well, it's a -- well, it's just kind of a cute way of saying I'm going to go over and see people and thank them for being a part of my campaign. And they actually get to do this for free. And I'm glad. But these will be people, evidently, from all around the country. I haven't seen the list, but I'm told that they are. And I look forward to thanking them -- it's really a way of thanking people, many of whom I -- I suspect I haven't seen since I've been the President. It's a nice, casual setting to say hello to people. And I'm looking forward to it.
--Explaining his "friend-raiser" to the press, Crawford, Texas, Apr. 26, 2002

DUBYA: The people of New York are discerning voters. Well, most of the time they're discerning voters. If you know what I mean.
REPORTER: No, what do you mean?
DUYBA: Well, you're a smart guy. Read between the lines.
-- Dubya showing his tact in event meant to honor New Yorkers, with New York Governor George Pataki and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, White House, Apr. 1, 2002

[ 05-08-2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 05-08-2002, 11:05 PM   #3
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Sadly, George W. Bush isn't half as smart as Dan Quayle.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:20 AM   #4
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

which would make him a rocket scientist compared to al gore then,huh alexander?
Old 05-09-2002, 05:59 AM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

You're misunderestimating me.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:44 AM   #6
norompanlasolas

lol... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

very funny. argentinas former president carlos menem was also a master of words. too bad the fun of it is lost with the translation, or i would post his memorable speeches. if he and bush were reunited itd be a reporters dream!
Old 05-09-2002, 08:51 AM   #7
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

the thing is is that if you are a southerner most of what george says makes sense.northerners and southerners just talk different.it's like the difference between someone from london and someone from deep in the hills of scotland.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:31 AM   #8
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
Al Gore was a journalist for seven years before he got elected to the Senate. He's also written a book. The moot point is; can Dubya even read?
Old 05-09-2002, 10:41 AM   #9
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
the thing is is that if you are a southerner most of what george says makes sense.northerners and southerners just talk different.it's like the difference between someone from london and someone from deep in the hills of scotland.
I think not. I've met a number of people who come from the Highlands, and they were all, without exception, perfectly articulate and understandable (I'm from near London.) They weren't simple, either.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:08 PM   #10
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
quote:
Al Gore was a journalist for seven years before he got elected to the Senate. He's also written a book. The moot point is; can Dubya even read?[/QUOTE]Being from the Great State of Tennessee, I have to say that Al Gore is a idiot! And I can pretty much assure you that if he runs in 2004, he'll lose his home state again. That's the reason Tipper decided not to run for Fred Thompson's senate seat. She knew she'd get beat by Lamar Alexander and it would hurt whatever chance Al had here too.