Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2002, 01:06 PM   #11
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

What? You mean that not everything in the 'Net is true? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Guess I can breathe easy now knowing that no giant man-eating radioactive potatoes will be attacking the Earth today....

Of course everything on the net isn't true, but the radioactive potato thing is absolutely true.

It sounds terrible at first, but have you heard the specifics on the attack? It's not really a big deal. They are only targeting teenage males with more than 6,ooo forum posts, so they can collect them and take them back to the home spud for extensive rectal probing.

So we...um....er...ah, I have nothing to worry about

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Old 02-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #12
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Well, I for one know of NO women who feel this way, and I know a lot of women! Most women I know like men, and vice-versa, which is the *normal* way of doing things. There will always be people on the lunatic fringe of course, but it's been my experience that the Internet catches more than its fair share of that fringe.

So what I'd like to know is, *who* are these people putting forth this information, and *where* are all these man-hating "femi-nazis" located, because I've yet to see one?

One mustn't believe everything one reads on the 'Net.

Cheers,

Hey Saz!, Come visit me, I can take you on a stroll in downtown washington and show you the offices of several organizations all devoted to this stuff, one of them being NOW. The N.O.W. group at first glance may seem benign and reletivley harmless untill you notice the seething hate they have for all men. There are regular rallys on the National Mall between the buildings of the Smithsonian where hundreds and some times thousands of women with these same low opinions of the male gender. I Wish I could say I had never met these types of women.

Old 02-27-2002, 01:54 PM   #13
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Eeech, I find that page very disturbing, of course it a total crap but they said that 3000 man in britain commit suicide because of "gender discrimination"... welll, how many young woman commit suicide because of sexual abuse, and being forced into prostitution by the hands of men? No statistic on that one.

The guy who wrote this really should come out of the closet... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Actually I think Jorath, that if you do any looking at all you will find that statistics for women and their plight are quite well documented. Heck the CDC in Georgia USA has tons and tons and tons of statistics on female mortality and they are supposed to just be concerned with diseases..which has always confused me (why does a disease control agency collect non disease related info?) but I digress there are tons of web pages devoted to abuse of women there are dozens of social programs in the USA to assist abused women...the plight of women is not being ignored. Of course Im talking about the USA where there are actually laws giving women rights..what others do in their countries is a whole different subject...if you try to interfere with their social and religious beliefs about women you are being intolerant or a super power bully trying to impose your will where you don't belong...and if you mind your own business you care condemned for not caring...you really cant't win some times.

Old 02-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #14
MagiK

In response to the originator of this thread, it is scary, but that page is pretty much ...how did some one put it??? crap? however, not all of it is crap. There are groups (well funded groups) in the USA who really do see Men as being the source of all evil and women as beings of pure goodness...so yeah it is still scarey

Old 02-27-2002, 02:04 PM   #15
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi again, all. Well, I'm a woman and pretty much on record as being fond of men. I've, however, posted elsewhere my encounter with the "Heterosexual Intercourse is Rape" women. These are scary people, and really do seem to hate all men. Of course, I have always noted that most of them are...er..."unattractive," and probably are more than a little bit bitter. These same women, naturally, criticize those of their "sisters," of whom I am no doubt one, who take pains with their appearance, which they seem to think is to attract and please men. I have always agreed with Van Morrison, though, that "the girls all walk by dressed up for each other."
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-27-2002, 02:27 PM   #16
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Two extremes, and each of them as full of crap as the other. The problem is that women are abused by men, and women abuse men. More specifically, people abuse people, when it is in their best interest and their cold hearts, to do so. I will agree that women tend to get the better end of divorces. I will also agree that many tend to cry wolf with abuse stories. I've seen it happen. My own ex cried abuse one time when she needed a quick ride to the airport from a neighbor. A nasty story. She dumped her two children on their dads and ran off to California with an irresponsible pretty boy. Eventually, she regretted not having my son. She called back with offers of getting back together. I paid for the plane ticket home. After a couple days I woke to an empty house. She grabbed up my son, the valuables, the $400.00 cash I had left and went next door where she told my neighbor I had smacked her around and she needed to escape to the airport.
Old 02-27-2002, 03:22 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Hi again, all. Well, I'm a woman and pretty much on record as being fond of men. I've, however, posted elsewhere my encounter with the "Heterosexual Intercourse is Rape" women. These are scary people, and really do seem to hate all men. Of course, I have always noted that most of them are...er..."unattractive," and probably are more than a little bit bitter. These same women, naturally, criticize those of their "sisters," of whom I am no doubt one, who take pains with their appearance, which they seem to think is to attract and please men. I have always agreed with Van Morrison, though, that "the girls all walk by dressed up for each other."

Well, I have to say that one doesn't need to 'primp' excessively to LIKE men! And I do agree, there just seem to be those who take the extreme attitude and criticize those who don't. Me, I'm gonna be neutral to postitive here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Donut, that was one...uh..interesting site and I can't say as I didn't expect it to be a big joke when I started reading, but it seems like they take themselves seriously.

Cloudy
Old 02-27-2002, 03:43 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Of course everything on the net isn't true, but the radioactive potato thing is absolutely true.

It sounds terrible at first, but have you heard the specifics on the attack? It's not really a big deal. They are only targeting teenage males with more than 6,ooo forum posts, so they can collect them and take them back to the home spud for extensive rectal probing.

So we...um....er...ah, I have nothing to worry about

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

ROTFLMAO! Ronn... *high fives to you*