Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2002, 07:21 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Actually I find this a bit scary!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-27-2002, 07:36 AM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

So you're to be the next subscriber of "The Liberator, Men's International Unity Magazine" ?
Old 02-27-2002, 08:06 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Donut, I think scary is the right word. What I find most scary, is what did you type into your search engine to find this site? And why?
Old 02-27-2002, 08:23 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Donut, I think scary is the right word. What I find most scary, is what did you type into your search engine to find this site? And why?

it was something like 'worldwide women conspiracy aginst men' [img]smile.gif[/img]

No, I was looking for information about the communist manifesto and typed in 'marx engels communist manifesto'
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-27-2002, 08:51 AM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
No, I was looking for information about the communist manifesto and typed in 'marx engels communist manifesto'

Now *that* scares me! Why would that lead you to this page? Unless there is a hidden agenda in the CM!

How can I have been so blind for so long!
Old 02-27-2002, 09:25 AM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

Now *that* scares me! Why would that lead you to this page? Unless there is a hidden agenda in the CM!

How can I have been so blind for so long!

LOL @ Barry. Do you think that Marx and Engels were really butch under those beards? Ohhh...'beards.' At last I get it.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-27-2002, 09:30 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I for one know of NO women who feel this way, and I know a lot of women! Most women I know like men, and vice-versa, which is the *normal* way of doing things. There will always be people on the lunatic fringe of course, but it's been my experience that the Internet catches more than its fair share of that fringe.

So what I'd like to know is, *who* are these people putting forth this information, and *where* are all these man-hating "femi-nazis" located, because I've yet to see one?

One mustn't believe everything one reads on the 'Net.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-27-2002, 10:15 AM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

One mustn't believe everything one reads on the 'Net.

What? You mean that not everything in the 'Net is true? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Guess I can breathe easy now knowing that no giant man-eating radioactive potatoes will be attacking the Earth today....
Old 02-27-2002, 12:01 PM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

Eeech, I find that page very disturbing, of course it a total crap but they said that 3000 man in britain commit suicide because of "gender discrimination"... welll, how many young woman commit suicide because of sexual abuse, and being forced into prostitution by the hands of men? No statistic on that one.

The guy who wrote this really should come out of the closet... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 12:58 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Eeech, I find that page very disturbing, of course it a total crap but they said that 3000 man in britain commit suicide because of "gender discrimination"... welll, how many young woman commit suicide because of sexual abuse, and being forced into prostitution by the hands of men? No statistic on that one.

Bravo, Jorath Calar! Well said! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I find it disturbing that this person seems to think that men are so discriminated against, when in fact it is women who have to face discrimination in so many different areas (work, education, trade, monetary remuneration, domestic situation, etc.) every single day of their lives.

This of course completely discounts how women are treated so abusively in other parts of the world, say *cough*Afghanistan*cough* *cough*

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."