Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 08:26 AM   #31
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Donut, it's not really fair to characterize Durwyn as having a plastic penis on his head when all he was doing was posting his opinion on the topic above (he could have phrased the comments about overweight people a LOT more tactfully, but I'm sure he'll learn about tact). [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] He wasn't insulting anyone here personally and so didn't deserve to be personally insulted (and a plastic penis doesn't have anything to do with beer anyway).

Whatever happened to respecting our fellow posters here? Please apologize to Durwyn for saying that he had a plastic penis on his head.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Ouch, I've been modded. Memnoch if you feel that I should apologise to Durwyn then of course I do.

My attack wasn't based on his comments about fat people, I've lived with that sort of discrimination long enough to ignore it. It was really a delayed reaction to his overtly racist comments about Jews.

I shall be more circumspect in the future and leave the modding to the mods.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-19-2002, 09:48 AM   #32
Jorath Calar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

What *is* with everyone this week? Is it a full moon or what? You guys are keeping me busy on my weekend! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Like saz said, it's not the moon but venus mars and jupiter are lined up against the third moon of Yavin (which is full this week I might add) which creates a ripples in the cosmic energy surounding Zcwatsioyr which causes Gluto (Plutos twin in our paralel universe) to start expanding till it's the size of a ...

/**Jorath is dragged away by two people wearing white coats...

Old 01-19-2002, 01:07 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LoA- ROTFL!! But don't spill any on the 'droids! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Saz, hehe.. you are right... the water/moon thing just has to be the answer!

Donut, I hear you! And as a matter of fact, I'd typed a reply to Durwyn but didn't post.

Durwyn, thanks heaps, pal. You managed to tick off or humiliate the overweight or handicapped (defective????? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] ) women of Ironworks (and apparently the men too!) with that offhand comment in your post.
Personally, I would like to not see such things as this or the Jews comment again. Sure, you can apologize, but the damage is done, once the person has been insulted or offended. Far better to never have done it to begin with.

Cloudy, in member-mode
Old 01-19-2002, 01:09 PM   #34
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
LoA- ROTFL!! But don't spill any on the 'droids! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Saz, hehe.. you are right... the water/moon thing just has to be the answer!

Donut, I hear you! And as a matter of fact, I'd typed a reply to Durwyn but didn't post.

Durwyn, thanks heaps, pal. You managed to tick off or humiliate the overweight or handicapped (defective????? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] ) women of Ironworks (and apparently the men too!) with that offhand comment in your post.
Personally, I would like to not see such things as this or the Jews comment again. Sure, you can apologize, but the damage is done, once the person has been insulted or offended. Far better to never have done it to begin with.

Cloudy, in member-mode

Hear hear!
And Durwyn, delete that post will ya?
Old 01-19-2002, 01:16 PM   #35
Durwyn
Elminster

Look if you dont want harsh replies dont post such topics, I dont even know why we are talking about Religions, Races, Fat people here on Iron Works Forums, this is suppose to be about Goblins, Trolls. And why mix things? I said how I feel, if I'm a little drunky, or more or less buzzed, in a bar, and I see someone I dislike come up to me and offer me a drink, I dont think I would accept their offer. That was all that I said.

You took it the wrong way. Thats your prob. I dont knot what it is but lately this crap has been flowing here at Iron works. I mean how stupid is it to post "How Others feel about Americans" of course such topics will make commotions and arguments. The best way to go about it is post something more cloesly to what this Forum is for. It is indeed General discussion, but maybe we can retain from posting about politics, races, religions, views of other people, and instead post something that will not spark people up for fight and arguments.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:22 PM   #36
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Durwyn does have a point. Disagreements and thus cussing is completely unavoidable as long as there are discussions about any sort of views on serious aspects of life. If everyone was perfect, never posting anything hastily, never got upset, never misphrased something, and never wanted to joke around, there'd never be any problems, but then we'd be robots.
This thread has not got out of hand or anywhere near out of hand IMO. Oh well..
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-19-2002, 01:22 PM   #37
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Look if you dont want harsh replies dont post such topics, I dont even know why we are talking about Religions, Races, Fat people here on Iron Works Forums, this is suppose to be about Goblins, Trolls. And why mix things? I said how I feel, if I'm a little drunky, or more or less buzzed, in a bar, and I see someone I dislike come up to me and offer me a drink, I dont think I would accept their offer. That was all that I said.

You took it the wrong way. Thats your prob. I dont knot what it is but lately this crap has been flowing here at Iron works. I mean how stupid is it to post "How Others feel about Americans" of course such topics will make commotions and arguments. The best way to go about it is post something more cloesly to what this Forum is for. It is indeed General discussion, but maybe we can retain from posting about politics, races, religions, views of other people, and instead post something that will not spark people up for fight and arguments.

Good point!
You might question people's intents when they post a thread like this..
But still, people should be able to discuss something without offending each other..
Old 01-19-2002, 01:30 PM   #38
Sorcerer Alex

While these kind of topics are often ambiguous and provocative, it is up to us not to let them get out of hand. We should all know what is acceptable and what is not, and therefore try not to hurt anyone else's feelings or be unreasonable or inconsiderate.

I hate to quote Memnoch, but 'you guys are better than this'

Old 01-19-2002, 01:35 PM   #39
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:

It is not the topics, Durwyn, but the way that they are handled. Our first and foremost rule of thumb is TOWR: Treat Others With Respect. Think before you post. Sorry, man, but you have continuously demonstrated a lack of respect to others here on this forum with your bigoted comments, even if they were indirect. You have been warned on this already.

We appreciate all members here, but look, if you find that you can't abide with this rule, maybe this isn't the forum for you. Personally, I think you have a great mind and have a lot of great things to contribute, if you would just watch how you say things.

You claim you said, "if I'm a little drunky, or more or less buzzed, in a bar, and I see someone I dislike come up to me and offer me a drink, I dont think I would accept their offer. That was all that I said."

This statement would have been perfectly acceptable. BUT:

When in fact what you said to begin with was: "I mean unless the female is very bad looking and you know, has some body difections such as extra weight etc (Please no offense to any females here) then a female of such will purposely search for sex, and perhaps use that "beer" drug as a way."

Even with your second-hand apology in the middle of the paragraph (which leads me to believe that you KNEW it was demeaning all the time), this statement was downright rude and insulting to many females here at IW; I know because I've been hearing from them about this. Do you see the difference between your two statements? Can you see where one is simply a statement and the other one is a cleverly disguised attack, albeit indirectly, at a large group of people?

Durwyn, you've got to realize that when you make blatant racist, religious, and sexist generalizations, you're going to get a lot of people hopping mad. Maybe that's your goal; I don't know. It if it your goal, all I can suggest is that IW may not be the best place for you.

Do you think this is *fun* for me, or any other mod, to have to come down on you like this? When I start getting e-mails about people complaining about things you're saying on the board, and I come to see what's going on, and I have to make a call as to what to do about this matter?

There are several highly controversial threads on this board right now, and the members participating in them are sharing ideas and opinions in a very respectful, non-judgemental and non-prejudiced manner. They certainly do not all agree with each other, and they may argue, but they DO agree to be polite and to respect each other's opinions and thoughts. Those threads are THRIVING and are not getting locked down because the participants are treating each other with RESPECT.

That's all that we're asking here. Nothing more, and nothing less.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-19-2002, 01:37 PM   #40
Durwyn
Elminster

I'm sorry guys, I definitely aplogise if what I said may have offended some folk here, but truly, you know this stuff will happen, religious, race discussions and such always result in arguments and even hatred, I mean its been proven with history...

So I say we just chill out a bit hehe, after all, we are all here Elves, Men, and women, Dwarfs and halflings, inhabitants of Tolkiens and Forgotten Realm world, we never had stuff like this pop up . Well we did actually LOL but well...