Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 08:34 PM   #21
andrewas
Harper

simple answer. grab it. the side which is easiest to bite, is the front.you want reasoning?

whether or not the sides are identical is beside the point, the front is determined by the spatial orientation of the held taco in relation to the mouth. yes, this does mean that an ungrabbed taco (still on the plate, or in the packaging), has no front or back side, but the front is now determined before biting, therefore neatly avoiding the "not allowed to bite the back" scenario mentioned above. to determing front or back prior to this point is to invoke quantum theory which states it is both (or neither) at the same time. this state collapses upon grabbing the taco, leaving the front as the side it is easiest to bite into first - ie the one you can bite without unneccesary rotation of the taco.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:05 PM   #22
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

hard tacos have a front and back but soft tacos don't. I thought everyone knew that.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:58 PM   #23
andora20
Manshoon

Ok, I'm gonna sort this one out. If we look at this problem according to Einstiens theory of relativity, the front side of the Taco will depend on the Observer who is occupying the particular space/time in front of the Taco. Take this for example if a cannonball is falling from a high tower and an observer is watching the cannonball drop from the bottom of the tower, they will see that the object is moving. If however an observer, for some bizarre reason, is falling with the cannonball, then they will think that the cannonball is not moving at all. Therfore the front of the Taco depends on the person who is looking at it at that particular time.
See guys, your all correct........
Old 01-18-2002, 04:50 AM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Does anyone really care? Go buy a burger instead and you won't have to worry about it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or how about painting arrows on the side of all tacos pointing to the front side? That'd solve the problem [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2002, 10:37 AM   #25
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Nope sry burgers would cause another problem, now you have a complete circle, now wheres the front on that? If you want to solve this problem they should just put arrows on the food, like you said Neb, but the problem is that they can't cause in order for them to put an arrow on a burger you would need some really good calculations, plus tacos, a hard shell one usually has a smaller side, which therefore solving the taco problem, but what about soft shell, now what, why are these questions suddenly popping to mind?
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #26
Durwyn
Elminster

Hmm you know, after going over this post a couple of times I've relized that this is quite a pointless discussion hehe .
Old 01-18-2002, 11:01 AM   #27
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah your probably right. But I have a point, if you can find a good theory about it, we'll do this.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-18-2002, 11:48 AM   #28
andora20
Manshoon

Whats wrong with Einstiens Theory of Relativity? Wasn't that a good theory? Its about as understandable as this whole discussion (Hehe...)
Old 01-18-2002, 01:31 PM   #29
Sorcerer Alex

This topic was bad enough first time round, and there was certainly no need to post it again. Tacos do not have a front. They are rectangular, so both ends are generally the same length/width/height.

Old 01-18-2002, 03:17 PM   #30
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
and what's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Sorry to resurrect this but...

African or European swallow?
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe