Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 10:47 AM   #1
Debaser

this game is simply the absolute SH*T!!!!!!!! you can't approach it expecting the same experience as BG I & II, by far, because it is a completely different style of gameplay and vastly different in many many respects (too many to possibly list)...for one thing, the detail in people you talk to and stuff is uncanny. they mouth everything that they say to you synchronized with the sound of the voice that is speaking, and gesture uniquely for everything they say. each person you speak to looks completely unique. and the plot is KICKASS. I LOVE IT!
let me just be brief....i'm currently playing through it two-player (with the dude you might know as "trux") and we literally played NON-STOP for TEN hours yesterday....stopping only to pee and order a pizza at one point.
THIS GAME RULES. IT'S EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE. and if you have a PS2 and love the BG series or just an excellent, amazing RPG, you MUST get this game. trust me, you will NOT be disappointed. it is most definitely worthy of the "Baldur's Gate" moniker...you even start off the game in the Elfsong Tavern.

(sorry about the double post....i think i accidentally clicked "Edit Post" in the middle of writing this message....)
Old 12-06-2001, 10:49 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Double post Debaser, delete one of them.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

I think he already has Neb
Old 12-06-2001, 10:52 AM   #4
Irongrinder

The game already sounded intreging to me, but the problem is I'm not going to pay that much for a ps2.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:53 AM   #5
Debaser

Done, Neb.

oh, btw....I pretty much consdier BG Dark Alliance to be BG 3. it's the third game with the name "Baldur's Gate", and face it, there's not going to be another Baldur's Gate (a 3) coming out on computer. So it's essentially the third BG game.
whatever...i'm not too concerned about petty semantics. the game rules and everyone who has a ps2 should buy it or be extremely, sickly deprived of one of the best rpgs i have ever played.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:54 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Dark Alliance isn't BG3 unless it has something to do with the Bhaalspawn saga, otherwise the BG part is just like the brand name on a pair of Nike shoes, something into making people believe that it is better quality just because it has the same name as another great game.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:57 AM   #7
Debaser

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Dark Alliance isn't BG3 unless it has something to do with the Bhaalspawn saga, otherwise the BG part is just like the brand name on a pair of Nike shoes, something into making people believe that it is better quality just because it has the same name as another great game.

i guess its a matter of opinion, Neb. sure, they BG brand name is a sly little way for them to hook buyers....but in terms of the overall game and my experience of it, its a worthy inheritor of the namesake. call it 3 or don't, doesn't matter
Old 12-06-2001, 01:11 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I had no idea they were coming out with a game like this for the ps2. Thanks for posting this.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #9
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, Debaser, but isn't the magic cheesy? That's what I heard.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 12-06-2001, 02:54 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I got my son a PS2 for Christmas. I can't wait to get this BG game so I....um...err....he can play it