Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 05:38 AM   #1
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

ive tried and tried and tried and i cant get anything going with other people online any help would be hugely appreciated
Old 05-22-2001, 05:41 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Well.. i guess you should go online, start the game, and start a multiplayer session.. Then you should reach a screen where you can chose with whom you want to multiplay...

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-22-2001, 05:47 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

iv edone all that and downloaded the patch and all that but it wont let me jion a game.. the only way i can get into a game is by myself!!!!! thats defeating the purpose of multiplayer gaming.... i can do that OFFLINE!!!! arrrrrrrrggggg
Old 05-22-2001, 11:06 PM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Is it because im in Australia or the BG2 online battlenet system sucks???? im really at a loss here. getting more frustrated with each attempt. Does Ice Winddale function any better??

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 11:11 PM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I don't quite understand your question. Are you trying to host a game or join a game? Which patch do you have English or International? Which patch does the host of the game have? What is it doing when you try to join the game? Maybe with a bit more information I could help? I have hosted multi-games.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-22-2001, 11:18 PM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Thanks Reeka. What its doing is when I go to the official site to play with other gamers it wont let me join or create one with other players. the only way I can get into a game there is if I play by myself. When I get to the point where i have other players that are ready to play and someone creates it I import my Character as everyone elsee is doing and then it basicly locks up. I cant get past the import player screen. The only way i can get past it is to play by myself. Im not even sure if anyone can join my game after that. i dont know if anyone has ever tried 4to join my game while its in progress. do you think it could be lag thats keeping me from doing this?

Any help here would really be appreciated.

thanks

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 11:26 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, that does help me get more of an idea of the problem. I have never played a multi like that, only ones that I have personally hosted. Have you ever tried to join a personally hosted game? I wonder if you would have the same problem. I would be willing to experiment with you to see if you could join a game on my computer. That way, at least you would know if it is a general problem or one specific to you trying to do it on that site. Could be a lag, however, I have DSL and most of the people I play with are on 56K and we don't have this problem. I would be happy to work with you to try to figure out the problem. Why don't you e-mail me at the address in my profile and let's see what we could try.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-23-2001, 06:23 AM   #8
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Already emailed you Reeka. and added you to my msn pager and you can look at my profile and do the same. thanks for the offer of help I truly appreciate it. will have a hard time catching you online but i think i can do it. Take it easy
Old 05-23-2001, 06:42 AM   #9
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Hey earthdog. I live near you so are situations are similar. The only problems i have with MP is that whenever i try to create a char i MP it takes forever a people get annoyed and kick me off. I can only host games because its not me who has to create chat (and by create i mean importing a pre-made char into the game, you know where it says "creating character"). Us aussies always crop up with probs when playing MP. Damn that.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-24-2001, 10:51 AM   #10
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Yeah BlackAssassin that sucks. It only takes a minute to do it. I dont see why people cant have a little more patience than that. Must be a lot of 11 year olds on MPLAYER. Which has gone to Gamespy and I dont like it as much.

------------------