Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
corry

Okay, I know someone got thrown off for this but I really dont care.

I DONT want a CD KEY! What I want is for someone who MADE the game lay off the LAN users with thier retentive attitude and repatch the game so that if you have a LAN the game works.
I refuse to pay 240 dollars to have 3 of my friends get on MY machines so that they can play the damn game. And I really only got the game cause I heard that the "DM'ing" stuff was 'cool"
I have noticed that you can remove the cdrom after the game starts. I dont know if that will halt the game during network play. Truthfully I'd rather get ahold of the company and get my money back.
I have played part of the game and the story is lacking. I ONLY BOUGHT IT FOR LOCAL NETWORKING AND IT DONT GO!
So if you think Im doing this to Bypass Security on the INTERNET ... GO AWAY!
Let me hear some Intelectually stimulating discussion.
Thank you
Old 07-19-2002, 04:23 AM   #2
Zidane
Manshoon

If your friends like to play the game over YOUR LAN, why do they expect YOU to buy a second game. What is the matter with THEM buying their own copy of the game, and bringing it to your place, if they want to play it?

Just because you have the machines doesn't mean that they should take advantage of you. You may be a generous person to allow them usage, but that is called USING people. It is OK of you to let them use your facilities, but if they want to play the games THEY should buy them.

That way everyone gets a CD key and if they don't want to buy the game, and just want to take advantage of what you have, they are NOT your friends.

Just my 2Cs worth.

Lady Zidane
Old 07-19-2002, 04:36 AM   #3
corry

You are COMPLETELY RIGHT! I bought my first copy of D&D to play with my friends. Then they got it to play with thiers. Then I bought the second edition. then 3rd edition. All My friends came over and played with me. Thats what D&D was all about. Get togethers and laughing with your friends.
But I guess they were all users.
Perhaps I'll go back to pencil and paper games... Or perhaps warcraft 2 where they front you spaces per CD you own. OR are those a bit barbaric for your tiny sylvanic mind?

Next!

[ 07-19-2002, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: corry ]
Old 07-19-2002, 05:43 AM   #4
corry

Look, I think Im fighting a lossing battle. This title is not what I wanted. I bought it under the pretense that it would be fun to have something better then Vampire:The Masquerade Running some type of funky 'cool' replacement for pen and paper. And I could see makeing a world and plugging my buddies characters from paper to 3 dimentional world and then back to the table. I guess the pencil and paper world can NEVER be replaced. Call me old fashioned but you wont see me sitting behind a computer for untold hours without 'actual human contact'. I actually feel sorry for Zidane, I think she, from just number of posts alone, is taking this a bit too far.

If you like it, enjoy. Just wish the company let thier customer base know whats going on.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:21 AM   #5
MagiK

I think your math is off by a bit..3x50 = 150 not 240.....you can find this game for $50 give or take a couple of dollars. I don't know anyone who payed $80 a copy.

[ 07-19-2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 07-19-2002, 02:03 PM   #6
corry

1DM, 3Players, 4 copys. $55 + tax = ~$62. $62 X 4 = $244

But thats not the point. :
Old 07-19-2002, 02:19 PM   #7
MagiK

Well then I guess you are screwed if your friends don't want to play bad enough to buy their own copies
I mean why do they expect you to pay for their entertainment?
Old 07-19-2002, 02:25 PM   #8
Nydlari
Manshoon

Did you actualy think you could by 1 copy of this game and play it on 4 computers? That's seriously naive to say the least. These games cost a lot to develope and the only way for a company to make back the money they invested in it is to sell copies to everyone who PLAYS the game. If Bio had intended for just a DM to buy this game and have 4 people play along they would have had to charge the same prices that developers charge for server software and then it would cost hundreds of $s a copy.

You will be banned again (like anyone doesn't realize your are the same idiot who posted before) and hopefuly the moderator will pass your IP on to Bioware and whatever service handles your e-mail so that you can be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 02:44 PM   #9
corry

1: No, I just BOUGHT it last night.
2: there are software companys that have promoted network play as it ENCOURAGES others play and buy.
3: Ban me. See if I care. I just posed a question. You took offense.
4: Anybody want to buy my copy, before some fascist corporate automaton trys to bring the full weight of the law on me?
5: Outside has better graphics and resolution

REFUND!
Blizzard Rules!

[ 07-19-2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: corry ]
Old 07-19-2002, 02:58 PM   #10
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by corry:
1: No, I just BOUGHT it last night.
2: there are software companys that have promoted network play as it ENCOURAGES others play and buy.
3: Ban me. See if I care. I just posed a question. You took offense.
4: Anybody want to buy my copy, before some fascist corporate automaton trys to bring the full weight of the law on me?
5: Outside has better graphics and resolution

REFUND!
Blizzard Rules!
Key Words: "play and BUY". NWN also encourages network play for people who BUY the game, you can play the copy you own becuase you BOUGHT it. If your friends want to play, have them BUY it! It is just that simple.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote