Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 10:41 PM   #1
NotMinscOnlyBOO

Because of the job, I am writting now Sorry for being late.Perhaps u forgot this discusion and dont want to talk more but ý have something to say.. and ý wanna end this too
I post a new topic because there was something wrong about the old one!!Perhaphs it was a wrong defense method(if someone blames u ,u blame him too.This was not good Sorry)

To hear : "----Same thing about the blaming Turks about the Armenian genocide. I was rather shocked about it myself. Where do we get the right to judge other people, as if we had nothing to blame ourselves for, in the first place ? I tend to put that on the account of the stupidity of our President, once again---- from a French, is enough for me and now ý know at least some of French people dont think like their president so they dont blame us(the TURKS. ý am Turkýsh Yorick ,not an Algerian)

THANK YOU MOIRAINE.(Be sure I Dont put all Frenchs at the same bag.)

if I must be honest ý dont know much about French or Algerian history.After Moiraines explanation ý learned some.But ýt doesnt give me the right to judge Frenchs or Algerians and ý will mind mine own business.After all ý want u to know there is not a TURKISH GENOCÝDE OVER ARMENiANS(I am making a web page about that.)

Yorick....this matter will never damage our cultural friendship or drive some of us away
ý am sure of that.Dont wory

Old 02-06-2001, 06:45 AM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi NotMinscOnlyBOO,

thanks to you for being an open-minded person. You had asked me a question with honesty and with the passion that can only come from somebody being personnally involved in the matter (you being Turkish), but I never felt any anger against me or French people personnally in your question. Please don't judge us as a whole from what b*** our President may say, please.
Old 02-06-2001, 07:54 AM   #3
Stealth Bomber

I am sure every single person in the world frequently disagrees with their countries official foreign policy, but most people have the common sense not to assume that everyone in that country is of the same opinion. Generally this board is non-xenophobic and so I am glad both of you have not fallen out and common sense has prevailed. However, it is safe to assume that both politics and religion cause more arguments than any other topics and I would suggest we avoid them. What do the rest of you think?

Old 02-06-2001, 08:24 AM   #4
fighter-thief

stealth bomber
hey ,i um ..i..well i have done this once before ,i had said something about religion [i will not go into details]and i didn't blow up in my face like i thought it would,and after the end of it it was so cool because this panel didn't get upset,this is the greatest panel,due to the fact that everone here can be so mature [and this surprises me because of the amount of teenagers on it ,and teens don't get offended just to many trips through the chat line at aol]that if somebody does hurt someones feelings that they do tell them they are sorry but yes i do avoid talking about weather,politics,and religion now just to be safe.i tell my oldest daughter to never be afraid to say whats on your mind.i don't think anyone should be afraid to talk about anything as long as the can do so in a mature and senseable way

Old 02-06-2001, 10:00 AM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

Stealth Bomber,

I am of two opinions about talking about political or relious topics.

On one hand, I don't see why we couldn't, as long as everyone here stays respectful of the beliefs and opinions of the others, which I think should not be a problem among us.

On the other hand, mind, I will always answer the best I can to a honest question, but I must admit that my post about the Algeria topic has been very long and very hard to write and emotionally taxing.

Besides, I don't want to become the owner of the longest serious boring post forever !
Old 02-06-2001, 03:44 PM   #6
G.W.

I don't think Boo can just accuse the French of genocide without backing it up. I was unable to find anything verifying this 1.5 M "genocide" figure and Boo said nothing about whether this is from general warfare or from actual acts of genocide. Perhaps if no one else thinks this is a problem.... But I would be a little mad if someone said the U.S. committed genocide by killing 2 M in Vietnam, even if they did kill that many, when it was not actually genocide. Besides, it'd be good education for all of us if it is true. Please back it up, Boo.

Old 02-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #7
Moiraine
Anubis

G.W.,

I had answered to Boo, alas, the Algeria thread indicates 29 posts but shows only 4 when opened, so my answer is now gone away to the big nothing ...

Being Turkish, he HAD the right to feel shocked to what our President had said - I felt shocked myself. I don't know much about the Turks-Armenian thing - I only know that, to my thinking, France had NOT the right to accuse as he did.

Besides, this thread IS Boo's backing up. Thank you for taking your concern, though. No fight please.
Old 02-06-2001, 05:05 PM   #8
Stealth Bomber

I personally enjoy interesting discussions about any subject, but then I am highly opiniated and stubborn to boot. It's just that many members speak english as a second or third language and may be offended by a remark meant to stimulate conversation and not provoke confrontation. I remember one anti-american flaming americans in general, which upset Ladyzekke. Luckily many non-americans rose to their defence but I would hate to lose any member because they were upset about someone's viewpoint. I missed your post Hellfire, but I am glad it didn't degenerate. Maybe it is a sign of the camaraderie and intellect of this board that any subject can be discussed without prejudice.