Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2002, 07:28 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Sorry, I just can't help myself!

The Reliable Source By Lloyd Grove

• Here's a vignette we're dying to see on the ABC broadcast of Sunday's Ford's Theatre Presidential Gala: When Stevie Wonder sat down at the keyboard center stage, President Bush in the front row got very excited. He smiled and started waving at Wonder, who understandably did not respond. After a moment Bush realized his mistake and slowly dropped the errant hand back to his lap. "I know I shouldn't have," a witness told us yesterday, "but I started laughing."

www.washingtonpost.com

Mark
Old 03-06-2002, 07:38 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL!!!! Oh sheesh, yet another embarrassin moment for GWB! Sad indeed, but on the other hand, would if we had every moment practically of our daily lives scrutinized, watched and every word uttered in public written down?

This reminds me of this show I watched ages ago that showed Ronald Reagan at some music show, and everyone was clapping to the music, a very simple beat. Seems he isn't very musically inclined, he literally could not clap to the music at all! Was funny I must say with the camera focusing in and the laugh track going.

So I guess think of this type of thing in two ways, one is funny and the other reminds me of a juvenile "picking on" mentality. Ah the humanity!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-06-2002, 09:03 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

For our dear lurkers who may not know - Stevie Wonder is a musician, and is blind.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:07 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
For our dear lurkers who may not know - Stevie Wonder is a musician, and is blind.

Thank you for pointing that out Hayashi.

Methinks I presumed too much!

I never thought that there may be some who don't know who Stevie Wonder is.

Thanx! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 03-06-2002, 09:25 PM   #5
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

well i think i would rather have a president who forgets that a musician is blind than one plays with cigars.

i wonder....if monica lewinski get some kind of cancer down there,can she sue bill clinton?just wondering.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:29 PM   #6
Moni

Too funny Mark!
Thanks for sharing that and bringing me a genuine belly-laugh! I just love those!
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2002, 05:08 AM   #7
skywalker
Banned User

Why is it that when I poke a little fun at Bush, sometimes the response is a nasty dig at Clinton?

I really could care less about what Clinton did. All I know is that I had more money during the Clinton years than I do now. I suspect I'm not the only one.

Mark
Old 03-07-2002, 05:17 AM   #8
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Lady Z - that does remind me a lot of the Redwood incedent. John Redwood was Minister for Wales a couple of years back and appeared at a conference over there. At the end they all stood up to sing the Welsh National Anthem, which of course he didn't know at all. He's a conservative and they have precious little MPs from Wales and Scotland - Redwood's constituency is actually in Hampshire, near Aldershot. So the cameras focussed on this guy for the whole of the song in which he looked uncannily like a floundering goldfish with his mouth flapping open every now and then in no apparent time to the music. It is absolutely hilarious!
Old 03-07-2002, 05:20 AM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

http://www.jibjab.com/cartoons/raps/rp_MOVIE02.HTM

Some more Bushwackin' fun... [img]smile.gif[/img]

By the way which is scarier that this guy is the most powerful man on earth right now... or the fact that he was actually voted in...?
Old 03-07-2002, 08:54 AM   #10
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Why is it that when I poke a little fun at Bush, sometimes the response is a nasty dig at Clinton?

I really could care less about what Clinton did. All I know is that I had more money during the Clinton years than I do now. I suspect I'm not the only one.

Mark

Because the Bush administration is doing all they can whenever and wherever they can to try to keep people's attention focused on everything BUT the rotten job they are doing.
We saw some "news" this morning about them having finished their report on the Clinton/Lewinski affair and coming up with enough evidence to prosecute him but they're not going to "considering all that has happened since 9-11"
*cough*crap*cough
KHaN named it the Enron sidestep.

Jorath Calar,
The scariest thing is the fact that he wasn't actually voted in and is the most powerful man on earth right now!

There isn't an ounce of Bejesus left in me!!!