Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #61
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Ooh Stormy slow down yoru catching up with me n i been here a year or so.

Hmmn so if we havent proved ourself on Earth we go through again until we get into heaven? thats kinda interesting, man we could make a whole new religion with all the conflicting ideas. Can we rename this thread "The Holy Book Of The Ironworksians" [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

So has no one else encountered this, in heaven you become a mindless slave to worship god stuff?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:59 PM   #62
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img] Still waiting for my window of oportunity to make everyone hate me...
Old 05-05-2003, 04:03 PM   #63
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I think you can enjoy yourself up in the big blue sky as long as you worship God, besides that I think it'd be a great place to be. I don't think he'd take away your free-well like that, otherwise building up a personality and memories would have been all for not.

Besides, life on earth is still too good at times, so there's always reincarnation [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 04:11 PM   #64
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
I think you can enjoy yourself up in the big blue sky as long as you worship God, besides that I think it'd be a great place to be. I don't think he'd take away your free-well like that, otherwise building up a personality and memories would have been all for not.

Besides, life on earth is still too good at times, so there's always reincarnation [img]smile.gif[/img]
Uh...nevermind...
Old 05-05-2003, 04:13 PM   #65
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
Ooh Stormy slow down yoru catching up with me n i been here a year or so.

Hmmn so if we havent proved ourself on Earth we go through again until we get into heaven? thats kinda interesting, man we could make a whole new religion with all the conflicting ideas. Can we rename this thread "The Holy Book Of The Ironworksians" [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

So has no one else encountered this, in heaven you become a mindless slave to worship god stuff?
I might have herad of it yes, but I donīt know from where. But what I think that the people who said/wrote this is that a person who end up in Heaven love God anyway and thus have no problem with being a "slave" to him. Those who said this probably couldnīt think of anything more noble and good than to eternally serve God.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:39 PM   #66
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img] Still waiting for my window of oportunity to make everyone hate me...
Your going to make us eat qiche?
Old 05-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #67
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
Damn I knew someone was going to be clever [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I guess you could say Heaven is on Earth, but thats only if your really enjoying life isn't it?
I didnīt think I was being clever. I remember someone saying that, at least "Heaven is life on Earth", and I totally agree with it. For me heaven is life on Earth, nothing more and nothing less. And most people are enjoying their lives I think. More than they would admit to. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am going to try and fulfill all my dreams. And when I have done so in my life here on this beautiful planet there is no need for a heaven is there.

Lord K, [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Someone wants a hug methinks.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:26 PM   #68
daan
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
As someone who is NOT a Christian, but appreciates the intrinsic dual nature of everything that is identified in all religions if you dig deep enough (e.g., Taoism brings it to the forefront, think Yin-Yang, but it takes GWF Hegel to flesh it out in Christianity) then it seems perfectly acceptable that an omnipotent being could create a rock that was both too heavy for him to lift and that he could lift anyway. Bend and be straight, my friend. Succumb and overcome.
[completely derailing thread]
Ah yes, the wonderfull new world of quantum mechanics. They're gonna test the dead/alive cat pretty soon, in an effort to finally prove that things are not black and white.

Cant remember the fella's name, but he had this rather silly thought experiment about a cat, sitting in a contained room. Cant remember exactly, but IIRC he then inserted a substance that had a 50% chance of going radio-active. However he turned his back towards the cat and didnt measure anything in any way.

According to his theory, the cat is neither dead or alive .. he's both. The substance went both radio-active ( killing the cat ) and not. And as long as you dont "stick" a fixed value on the molecule /atom/ as low as you want to go .. it has a dual character. We already knew the duality between matter and energie and waves and such .. but it can apparently go even further.

Newayz .. im not going to try and explain what they're going to do in order to prove it ( they're not using the cat or any other pet btw ), 'cause its too hard an I'll make a mistake explaining.
Short story .. they're going to fire stuff at a mirror,.. where it should normally die out 'cause it interferes with itself. However they're going to try and prove that it both interferes and doesnt interfere with itself. They made the mirror extremely thin you see, so that if something collides with it it'll move [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Dont quote me on it though ,.. I may have misexplained it already [/completely derailing thread]

[ 05-05-2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: daan ]
Old 05-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #69
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Ok one thing i have a problem with is when people say you have the right to choose your path be it going to heaven or hell, it is you who gets you there, but they also say god knows which choice you will make and where you will end up that sounds alot like predetermend fate to me. If he knows which path i will chose then it doesn't matter your fate is already determind. I have lots of other problems too especially with religous fantics, when they try to slip into the public school system and change things. There are more things that bother me about Orginized religon.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:22 PM   #70
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Blind_Prophet, most religions these days go by what we call "Soft Determinism."