Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 02:18 PM   #91
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Best wishes and fingers crossed for the new baby Mack_Attack. This is (will be) your second child after Sydney or am I confused? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Bungleau, great post [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] and you seem to remain very calm under the circumstances [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Yup this will be the second child after Sydney.

Well very nice day today Just finished coming back indoors from building a snowman. Getting ready to go and look for vans. Yes I said it VANS.

And thank-you for all the well wishes. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 01-23-2005, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 01-23-2005, 05:08 PM   #92
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LZ, did you get any more snow? Only five inches? sigh.. *looks out at the foot of snow in her area* We got pounded with high winds and snow. NOT as bad as the coast did, though. Boston got over 2 ft last I heard.

Bungleau, you need a vacation! [img]smile.gif[/img] And a new snowblower, it sounds like.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:50 PM   #93
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Plural vans, Mack? As in more than one? Noooooooooo! There's still hope! Get one van and one decent vehicle, before it's too late!

And thanks for all the thoughts, guys. My wife came down and apologized last night, and couldn't seem to accept that I've accepted what happened and moved on. She kept wanting to talk about it, and wouldn't buy that I'm over it. Just don't ask me to move any furniture, or offer any suggestions for decorating [img]smile.gif[/img]

Today was a better day in many ways. Had to be up before the rest of the house to play drums in our church band, so at a few 'til seven, my alarm went off. Couldn't figure out how to shut the stinking thing off for a couple of seconds, but I remembered how to work the snooze button (bang on the top until it stops making noise). I played well, but one song was throwing me... one of the crash cymbals was out of place. I figured out midway through that someone had lowered the high hat by about four inches, and that threw everything else off. It's a shared drum set, BTW... owned by the church, and stored about ten feet from where I have to set it up. You can't get much easier than that, lemmetellya.

Then we came home to prepare for another kid invasion... a girl in my daughter's class and her two brothers. The last two or three playdates were at their house, so it was our turn in the barrel, and my wife decided that it would be good to go sledding with them.

Remember that blizzard stuff this week? The multiple feet of snow, the freezing and frigid temperatures? So did I, but I was convinced to be the second driver, and if someone wimped out, I could take back the wimps. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to wimp first.

Turns out that even with frigid temperatures, a healthy dose of sunlight makes it all right. There wasn't much wind, and the snow was not too wet, so we had a lot of fun. We finally stopped when all the kids had soaking wet socks, almost everyone had gotten a face full of snow (one way or another), and their noses were running more than the Boston Marathon.

Came back for another fire in the fireplace (third day in a row!), out for dinner at a local chinese buffet, and finally (finally!) a chance to read the Sunday morning paper.

Brightest spot of the day was finally getting family approval to pick up the electronic drum set I've had my eyes on. Woohoo! Something else down in the office that will keep me busy....

And now, a bit in the cafe, and then it's off to Faerun for a bit of adventure...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:23 PM   #94
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, that DOES sound like a much better day, Bungleau! Too cold out here for sledding, at least for me! Today we had wind chills of up to -15 F.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #95
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yep Cloudy, only five inches. Not much compared to what yall have been getting! I think this week we are in the clear re snow, hope our clear weather makes it's way to you in NY! Poor Nachtrafe must have a sore back from shovelling I'd imagine.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #96
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I got back from school. I had a pretty bad day. Why? Becuase, I got a bad grade from language. Oh well ...
Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #97
Sigmar
Unicorn

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=006292#000000

I found my first thread/post, enjoy. [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

I was a real mamaluke!

(idiot)
Old 01-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #98
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aw, Xen, I guess you need to study some more!

LadyZ, yes, Nacht was definitely cold and ready to come in for lunch after all the driveway clearing! I made soup and grilled cheese sandwiches and he sat under a blanket while eating! LOL The wind was pretty bad on Sat.

*waves to Sig*!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #99
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Mmmmm, soup and grilled cheese Now you've reminded me I need to figure out what I'm going to eat for lunch LOL. So little to choose from restaurant-wise where I work. One of these days I need to check out this new Diner down the street. Unfortunately no parking so I'll have to walk up to get there. And it's just too dang cold right now LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #100
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hey, all. I'm so lazy, lol! I have an essay to write tonight, and still haven't done the required reading for it. Not to mention I'm behind in chemistry, again. Oh well, I think I may exile myself from the computer and tv (what little I watch), so that I just study all the time. That should help me get back on track. Fat chance! Oh well, I don't have lab for an hour, I think I'll get started on that reading. Later, all.