Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 12:32 AM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Where is it LOL? Where is the perfect place to live weather-wise? I.E., no cold and freezing your butt off, or so hot you are sweating buckets. No hurricanes or tornados or earthquakes or volcanoes LOL. You'd think my state, Virginia, would fit that bill, but no, it sucks here..

Where would you say, in your opinion, would be the best place to live on
Earth?

[ 11-15-2003, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-15-2003, 12:42 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Er... ah... uh... erm... Melbourne, Australia?
Old 11-15-2003, 12:45 AM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Right here in SoCal! We got snow, beaches, and deserts for all of your snowboarding/skiing, surfing, dirt biking needs

Don't mind the wildfires [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 12:45 AM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Oh! I know! The moon! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Seriously, dunno. Depends what you like I guess. I like where I am now - in England - the only problem is theres too much rain [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 12:53 AM   #5
GForce

Well, I like it here in the Seattle WA area. Yet sometimes there's no sun and alot of wetness, just sprinkles not downpours like some people might believe. We get cool fresh mountain and ocean air here. No real pollution lingers in the air, it just gets blown away eventually. And yes we sometimes get small threats of the earth trembling. But the draw for me to this place is nature: forest, mountains, cool freshness, water everywhere, close to Canada, Alaska, killer whales, the Pacific Ocean, neighboring states, Hawaii, Thailand, Japan, etc.

Yet if I really wanted to move somewhere else, I would like to choose an island in the Mediterranean Sea. So beautiful there and just reaks of mythology. Not sure if the weather is okay year-round though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2003, 01:55 AM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

When I took a trip to Texas, the weather seemed perfect there. It wasn't too hot, and there wasn't really too much rain to interfere with anything. But then again...I went there in the winter.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 11-15-2003, 03:15 AM   #7
Bristowe
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
You know...i think i must agree... and i'm not sure why hahahaha
Old 11-15-2003, 03:35 AM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

Over here, in Vienna.
Concerning quality of life, IIRC Vienna ranks second ex aequo with Sydney and only after Geneva.
For the weather I'd move a little bit more towards the mediterranean area but it actually is rather fine. It maybe a tad too hot in summer, but it's as cold in winter as it needs to be for a white Christmas, so nearly perfect IMHO.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:57 AM   #9
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

The best countries to live in would be the Scandinavian countries I think. Heck, those countries are not in the top of the richest countries in the world for nothing.

I don't judge a country by it's wealth though, but I do think it's a rresult of good living in these countries...

[ 11-15-2003, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: JrKASperov ]
Old 11-15-2003, 05:58 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Bristowe:
quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
You know...i think i must agree... and i'm not sure why hahahaha [/QUOTE] Close but no cigar... [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sydney Australia

An hour from the Blue Mountains for bush walking and killer views.

4 hours from the snowy mountains...errrr snow!!!

The world’s most beautiful harbor for when it’s sunny (not when its raining hey Harkoliar)

Surf, Beaches, BBQ, we speak English *sort off* and the streets are safe. Clean air, freshwater, cute wildlife, and great nightlife

Disclaimer *the writer of this advert has a job that depends on tourism*

[ 11-15-2003, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years