Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2003, 01:07 PM   #11
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hmm I must have skipped over that part. I only skimmed the site. Anyways, I do disagree with their views on atheists. I think it's nice they want to have their kids believe in God, but they are sending that message along with a bit of a hate message. That is not good. I didn't read to much of it, but is there a particular sect of Christianity that this site is affilliated with?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-13-2003, 01:08 PM   #12
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
quote:
If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,
TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!

You may be moved to try and witness to
these poor lost souls yourself, however
AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.

Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.
umm, excuse me, but I do not belive this is true, I know alot of people that are athiest, and are not like this [/QUOTE]lol, that is a hoot. I must remember to be more bitter and grumpy some day [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 03:32 PM   #13
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
[QB]If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.

Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.
I don't have problems with people who are athiests, unless they bash God for no reason then I don' like them. But if I followed this guideline, I'd be throwing holy water on half the IW board [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 03:34 PM   #14
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
[QB]If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

I don't have problems with people who are athiests, unless they bash God for no reason then I don' like them. But if I followed this guideline, I'd be throwing holy water on half the IW board [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]exactly my point
Old 10-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #15
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

umm, excuse me, but I do not belive this is true, I know alot of people that are athiest, and are not like this [/QUOTE]Reminds me of this email from some religious zealots (can't remember the group name) where apparently the leader didn't know the difference between Wiccans and Goths (my best friend's a Wiccan, and I was Goth in HS/College). Of course we're both evil satanists (NOT!!). We both got a good laugh out of that email. Sounds like this is more of the same BS.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #16
Faceman
Hathor

Photographic proof at last!

I forgot if it was for dinosaurs or UFOs.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:48 PM   #17
GForce

hahahahah! what a crazy [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] and funny [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] site.

Old 10-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #18
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry, but I find this to be VERY insulting (even though I'm not Hindu):

Hey, Habu...
How many gods do you have?
"I don't know, I lost count"

Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?

Jesus loves everybody, even the unsaved like Habu! Remember to pray for Habu and others like him that they may find Jesus and accept Him into their hearts!

Never mind that these morons apparently know NOTHING about Jews given how they say we saw the Mesiah. HELLO!!! We don't believe Jesus was the mesiah (I'm Jewish, but an athiest, confusing, no??? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I am ethnically Jewish, I just don't believe in God)

[ 10-13-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 10-13-2003, 04:00 PM   #19
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

That site is embarressing! Gives Christians a bad name!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:02 PM   #20
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
That site is embarressing! Gives Christians a bad name!
Christians, heck, it gives PEOPLE a bad name. I hope there are no aliens reading it.
Sometimes when I see sites like this I can't help but wonder if they were created by someone who was joking and there are just not too bright people out there who accept them as insightful!!