Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2003, 11:56 AM   #1
Haldir
Manshoon

Anybody plays Warhammer Fantasy or 40.000?
If does, describe me your army, please.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

I play two WHFB armies. One is brown, noisy, furry and violent, and the other is not as numerous, pale and disciplined. Does that help

[ 08-29-2003, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 08-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Skaven and Elves?

I play Ultramarines and Eldar in 40K. My most recent foray was Games Day Chicago, where I was 2-1 in the tourney. I just added a Grey Knights squad to my Ultramarines, and "Timmy," my Vindicare Assassin, is the coolest painted most fear-inducing model to never make a difference. *sigh*
Old 08-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #4
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Skaven and Elves?

I play Ultramarines and Eldar in 40K. My most recent foray was Games Day Chicago, where I was 2-1 in the tourney. I just added a Grey Knights squad to my Ultramarines, and "Timmy," my Vindicare Assassin, is the coolest painted most fear-inducing model to never make a difference. *sigh*
I play with Black Templars (cool name and abilities-wovs). I also have some Grey Knights (they rock). I also have the Vindicare. And I am interested into Eldar (are they cool?units?game play?). You must be a lucky one. I am so sad. I live in Slovenia in Europe. And here are no Games Days or some kind of competitions, you can gain no titles or other things! But you are able to go on the Games Day! The competition must be huge?
Old 08-29-2003, 12:31 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

It was fun, Haldir. It was my first time. Before moving to a city as big as Chicago, I would have had to travel a great distance for games day. I'm not that lucky -- when I moved here I left behind all my gaming friends from home (Kentucky) and from Law School (Vermont). Now, the only time I play is at tourneys, etc. No more weekend wargaming for me.

Be smart and buy your Warhammer stuff on eBay. No kidding -- great deals. Fresh-out-of-the-box Games Workshop products are very expensive. Plus, having a lack of stores that carry the products near you, eBay can be a great resource.

Eldar are a great army. They hit hard as a whirlwind, but they die easily. I'm still painting marines (for years now), so I've not got to work much on my Eldar army. Theoretically, Eldar are a dying race -- so I think it makes no sense that they die so easily and in such great numbers. Oh well.

Oh, if I had it to do over again, I'd probably play Black Templars, Dark Angels, or maybe space wolves. But, having painted a lot of Ultramarines stuff, I'm stuck with 'em. Even if I wanted "vanilla marines" I'd probably go with Crimson Fists or some other cooler darker color scheme. But, I've adapted my Ultras to where they look pretty cool and induce people to squat over the table and ogle them.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:45 PM   #6
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
It was fun, Haldir. It was my first time. Before moving to a city as big as Chicago, I would have had to travel a great distance for games day. I'm not that lucky -- when I moved here I left behind all my gaming friends from home (Kentucky) and from Law School (Vermont). Now, the only time I play is at tourneys, etc. No more weekend wargaming for me.

Be smart and buy your Warhammer stuff on eBay. No kidding -- great deals. Fresh-out-of-the-box Games Workshop products are very expensive. Plus, having a lack of stores that carry the products near you, eBay can be a great resource.

Eldar are a great army. They hit hard as a whirlwind, but they die easily. I'm still painting marines (for years now), so I've not got to work much on my Eldar army. Theoretically, Eldar are a dying race -- so I think it makes no sense that they die so easily and in such great numbers. Oh well.

Oh, if I had it to do over again, I'd probably play Black Templars, Dark Angels, or maybe space wolves. But, having painted a lot of Ultramarines stuff, I'm stuck with 'em. Even if I wanted "vanilla marines" I'd probably go with Crimson Fists or some other cooler darker color scheme. But, I've adapted my Ultras to where they look pretty cool and induce people to squat over the table and ogle them.
Ahh yes then you are not that lucky after all. But you have seen it! Are there big difference in amounts that you pay if you order from eBay or from Warhammer stores? Ultramarines have a nice Chapter leader, I guess it is Marneus Calgar or something. Well I only have a Emperor's Champion (he is cool-Black Sword). Heh I just realised that in our language English or American names seem so amazing, but in your language they are nothing-for example: The Black Sword (for you it is just a sword painted in black or something) but in our language it seem like annihilating weapon. Preety funny. Let's get back to work.
Do you have a Land Raider -cool stuff, because only Black Templars have Land Rider Crusader.
Oh men, my mom said I must leave the computer, and go out (and there is a storm comming). Well nice talking to you, I hope you will subscribe back, and hey it is my birthday tomorrow.

Can I hear you tommorow