Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 06:27 AM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted in locked thread by Liliara

Moni, I understand much of what you are saying. I put a post up not too long ago, trying to avoid what you are talking about. I asked if there was anyone on the board involved in relationships so that I wouldn't talk with them and upset anyone if a line was crossed. The thread was called 'I'm going to delete this quickly' OH BOY!!!!!! One person in particular said that I needed to delete this IMMEDIATELY. Saying that depended on WHAT I MEANT by 'talking'. Let me say this person wasn't happy at all. Another person accused me of being a gossip, or starting a gossip thread, something like that. Needless to say, I did what I said I was going to and deleted the post, but not before being disheartened.

Yeah, whatever.
Wow, you seem to be almost as judgmental as... me??? (/sarcasm) Difference is though, I've seen plenty of nasty things which elicited that reaction, whereas you know nothing of me to justify that post.
If you had a problem, you could have emailed me instead of coming back with a sneer a month later. Maybe you should do me the same courtesy of thinking and waiting, and not drawing premature conclusions. I know I have, because I figured you didn't mean what you did in the way I thought you did, and have made normal, even pleasant replies to posts of yours (without getting a response, I might add).

Oh well, I'm probably just feeling sick of all this crap that's been going on not only here, but on almost every other board I visit. The fact that it had to happen here of all places just adds a little extra bitterness. To me, the Ironworks's just not the same place it used to be. I hope it will become its old self again...

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-17-2001, 06:51 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

ARRRRRRRGH!!!!!!

Something has to be done quickly here...

*Wolfie trots over to Melusinchen and buffs her to the ground, snuggles in alittle with furry head and gives here a BIG FRIENDLY SLURPY!! and a comfy WOLFIEHUG*

*Runs back and forth through posts, hehe, founds Liliara! Grrrr, Wolfie drags Liliar to this thread, gives her a big slurpy as well, and a hug*

Now, solve this, and remeber. Be nice, be friendly. Don´t have to like each other but solve this ladies.. Please!!

We are all extra sensitive of lately. We need to strengthen each other, not flame each other (I have just got my tail flameprrofed, thats why I act the sillywolf here! )

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-17-2001, 07:00 AM   #3
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
ARRRRRRRGH!!!!!!

Something has to be done quickly here...

*Wolfie trots over to Melusinchen and buffs her to the ground, snuggles in alittle with furry head and gives here a BIG FRIENDLY SLURPY!! and a comfy WOLFIEHUG*

*Runs back and forth through posts, hehe, founds Liliara! Grrrr, Wolfie drags Liliar to this thread, gives her a big slurpy as well, and a hug*

Now, solve this, and remeber. Be nice, be friendly. Don´t have to like each other but solve this ladies.. Please!!

We are all extra sensitive of lately. We need to strengthen each other, not flame each other (I have just got my tail flameprrofed, thats why I act the sillywolf here! )

LOL...I know Wolfie! That's the reason why I posted this rather than leaving that post of hers go by unanswered and thus the misunderstandings unsolved.
I do want to solve all these problems on the forums, but it's hard, especially as I mod on one of those and have so many people's opinions to consider... I have friends on all sides, that's what makes me so uncomfortable and easily stressed. Plus I have been very ill these last few days (even more than normally ) so I guess I'm sensitive right now. Still think that it was a sneer, and an unnecessary one at that, for she clearly misunderstood quite a few things. My point is, email me about it, rather than bringing it up in an unrelated thread weeks later. I think there's almost no one here that wouldn't testify I am generally easygoing, friendly and forgivenessful - or so I've always thought.

EDIT:
BUGGER!!!!! Somehow, however, I manage to lose all credibility when posting as ...Melusorick! ~sigh~
Edit: Twice buggered!! My spelling's way off again! The horror....

------------------

Boo yah!!

[This message has been edited by Melusorick! (edited 09-17-2001).]

Old 09-17-2001, 07:00 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Liliara, I have been here in dotted line for some time, so I wasn't there when whatever problem occured - what I know is that I have known Mel in this Board for quite a long time now, and I never never saw her that upset . And the last thing I want is to see her unhappy and disgusted with IW ...

Please, stop this nonsense, please.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 09-17-2001, 07:02 AM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Melusine has a point, Ironworks isn't as friendly as it used to be. Although this may be due to the horrible incident that occured on tuesday there's no reason to bring the anger and the hate here. I am not pointing fingers at ANYONE
btw. So please, stop the flaming and lets get back to being a friendly community
of friends.

------------------
"If complete and utter chaos was lightning,then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting "All gods are bastards"."-Rincewind
Sigmar, proud warrior of clan HADB.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:05 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

*WOLFGIR galopps over to Melusinchen and offer himself as nice comfy feet warmer and a comfy blanket.* Wolfie not like Melusinchen to be ill...

I know you are trying to fix this MEl, I have known you for some time. I´m just trying to ease up the mood alittle, and hope that I will at least get a little smile on your prety faces!! BOTH OF YOU!! Hehe! Thats right..

I hope you will get alot better real soon!! *Wolfihugs!*

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-17-2001, 07:09 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Melusine has a point, Ironworks isn't as friendly as it used to be. Although this may be due to the horrible incident that occured on tuesday there's no reason to bring the anger and the hate here. I am not pointing fingers at ANYONE
btw. So please, stop the flaming and lets get back to being a friendly community
of friends.

I know, and I agree.
I KNOW there's no one to blame for it, and certainly what happened in America has a large part in the flaring emotions online (Hell, I've been cranky to family in RL when they couldn't understand me crying over what happened). However, most of the things that have been going on were going on for a long time before the tragedy on Tuesday, and while those events may have triggered some fierce emotions, the situations were potentially volatile before that. Yes, I am overreacting in a sense that my post sounded very pessimistic with regard to my opinion of the Ironworks. If I wouldn't have been so fed up, I would certainly have said I still have confidence in this wonderful forum - because I do, honestly! It's just a cumulative reaction....

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 09-17-2001).]
Old 09-17-2001, 07:20 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
of friends.

100 % true. I'm someone posting at a lot of message boards and almost every board had his own fair share of troublemakers and flamers to deal with in the last week, Ironworks unfortunately no exception. I'm just saying it's more or less a common problem on the Internet the last week...

Old 09-17-2001, 07:23 AM   #9
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
100 % true. I'm someone posting at a lot of message boards and almost every board had his own fair share of troublemakers and flamers to deal with in the last week, Ironworks unfortunately no exception. I'm just saying it's more or less a common problem on the Internet the last week...

You are right, but as I was just saying, the problems that are troubling me at the moment, were almost all of them problems that existed under the surface before, festering and waiting, and were triggered last week. It's a combination. I'm just saying we can't just ascribe it all to the events in America, because a lot of these problems originated long before.

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH
OK I should be in bed - clearly my head is anywhere but working right now...I think I broke my backspace button by using it every other letter *sob*
I'm so stupid... I hate Melusorick!!

------------------

Boo yah!!

Old 09-17-2001, 07:26 AM   #10
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusorick!:

OK the next time anyone sees me using Melusorick! inadvertently I'll bake them a cake! Or wait, make that: I'll draw them a calligraphy (I'd hate to think what a cake looks like after being transported to some of you who live on the other end of the globe...
Anyway: ~SIGH~

Ha I claim my cake!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!