Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 03:01 PM   #21
Blade
Emerald Dragon

No, more prominant sign of widespread use is the shoice of prezidents Bush or Clintons vice prez. (can't remember his name at the moment). Also thanks for the info on the Euro Dolar I don't hear much about it here in the states.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 03:08 PM   #22
Absynthe

Yeah Kaz, we don't feel like we've done a good job in electing a president unless he either has some moral disability or is just an ignorant shitsplat. Or both.
Sometimes I just feel like apologizing to the entire planet for the last fifty or so years of American politics. And the social inbreeding that generates it...

Old 09-04-2001, 03:12 PM   #23
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Of course, I believe (not sure on this point) that the majority of the US population was for Gore, it was because of the strange election thingy that Bush was elected. Clinton wasn't so bad (I think) but Bush... I am really getting the impression that he is ignoring us (us being Europe in general) and heading on a collision course with Russia. Which leaves one major problem - we are between the US and Russia.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-04-2001, 03:18 PM   #24
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Of course, I believe (not sure on this point) that the majority of the US population was for Gore, it was because of the strange election thingy that Bush was elected. Clinton wasn't so bad (I think) but Bush... I am really getting the impression that he is ignoring us (us being Europe in general) and heading on a collision course with Russia. Which leaves one major problem - we are between the US and Russia.

I admit I don't follow the news as much as I should, so I don't want to sound ignorant, but what is wrong with the U.S leaving Europe alone? Do you want us interfering with your government? I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't understand.

Also with russia, how could we possibly have a conflict. They are completely dependent on our money and resources it seems. They don't have the economy to possibly cause a problem with us. Apart from all that, what in the hell would we fight about? I thought we were getting along with them.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-04-2001, 03:26 PM   #25
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I am just saying the impression you get here in Europe (I believe the other Europeans agree with me). What I mean is that we feel we are being ignored as in the United States does what it wants (like step out of the ABM treaty or quit the Kyoto conference) without listening to anybody else. Of course, as I said, that is simply the impression one gets here and the media are not completely unbiased in this subject so I could be COMPLETELY wrong.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-04-2001, 03:27 PM   #26
Absynthe

Out of respect for Zirocs' original subject, we should probably start a new thread for politics...

Old 09-04-2001, 03:33 PM   #27
Absynthe

Just started a new thread for the discussion of politics, especially how the U.S. looks to the rest of the world.

Old 09-04-2001, 03:36 PM   #28
G'kar

It's sad indeed that managed care has brought about the proliferation of so many "happy" pills and that so little time is put into traditonal psycotherapy for conditions like depression. It's even sadder that children are being subjected to drugs that weren't developed for them. These drugs may suppress the symptoms, but certainly dont address the underlying causes. I

Old 09-05-2001, 02:24 AM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I think it's more the combination of prozac with something else. I read something about that soemwhere. Was it prozac combined with alcohol that makes it work the opposite of it's intent? (ie really depressed)

Absynthe, Australia is tighter in some but more lenient in others. I get migranes. I can't even get codeine over the counter here in the USA! A prescription is needed apparently.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-05-2001, 10:13 AM   #30
Absynthe

Hey Yorick, my wife suffers from migraines also... have you looked into Migranal or Maxalt? Both seem to work pretty well for her.
I just love the ridiculous dichotomies we have in our health care system: Efficient pain-killers are almost impossible to get over the counter, or even as a prescription, but psychoactive drugs are handed out like candy.