Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 02:07 PM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
This is very annoying, i can't continue the game anymore.

Here's the deal.... i went to the Society of Leopold, killed the chief of the vampirehunters, and spoke with Prof. Johansson. After the cutscene, where the vampirehunter, with his last breath, managed to trigger an explosive device, i had exactly 60 seconds to get out of the cave, jump into the speedboat and complete the quest. This is where the game crashes to my desktop, and no matter how many times i try to do it again, it keeps crashing during the loading screen. I've heard of this problem before, but i never read a fitting solution for it. How can i bypass this problem, if possible at all ? And why the hell didn't Activision, Troika, or whoever's responsible for delivering a GOOD WORKING product release a patch yet ?

I can't believe it.... so far in the game, and now i can't continue, because someone forgot to actually test the game before releasing it.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yes, yes, I encountered the same bug just an hour ago... Darnet! I even tried waiting for the dude, killing him, hell I've even tried dumping all my inventory as in the console dump I've seen some errors connecting to the items like VVs picture, a few diaries and the like...
Aw shoot!
Old 11-28-2004, 02:30 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I really can't believe they have the nerves to release a game when it's so bugged, someone should be fired and thrown in jail. What a rip off, i bought a broken product and can't even blame the store where i bought it.

WE NEED A PATCH NOW !!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Okay, i may have found a solution, but first i need to know how one can bring up the console ?
Old 11-28-2004, 02:45 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

add "-console-" in the shortcut at the Target field. In the game, when you activate the console you can't do anything but exit it with typing "chareditor" in the console. Anyways, when you start the level, it says that a load of items are bugged. Maybe that's it?
Old 11-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
add "-console-" in the shortcut at the Target field. In the game, when you activate the console you can't do anything but exit it with typing "chareditor" in the console. Anyways, when you start the level, it says that a load of items are bugged. Maybe that's it?
No, it's not that. But how do i bring up the console then ? Which button do i press ?
Old 11-28-2004, 04:01 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

As always, the tilde(left of "1") is the console activation key. Care to share your findings with me?
Old 11-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetvam...45&tid=1534813

Haven't tried it yet though, busy doing other stuff at the moment. I did try to bring up the console, but it wouldn't work for me. I must have done something wrong i guess.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:36 PM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Works. You might wanna activate god mode because the game simetimes won't pause when you're in the console.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
What do you mean it won't pause during console mode ? Doesn't the game freeze ? I thought it did ?

Anyway...did you lose any items or XP points ?

Gonna try it myself now, i may have grown a long grey beard before those suckers come off their lazy asses and release a patch.