Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 06:25 AM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't understand why a team of developers like Troika, who DID have a good rep up until this release, would bring out a half finished product. And how the publishers even have the nerve to ask people to pay money for it.

Is this all because they want to be in the stores sooner than Halflife 2 ? Or because the hollidays are coming up ? Isn't it more important to deliver a product that leaves customers satisfied and willing to buy more of their products in the future, instead of pissing them off and leave them frustrated with a game that needs patch after patch until it runs at least a little smooth ?

Shame on you Troika. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[ 11-21-2004, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 11-21-2004, 07:41 AM   #22
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

im not sure why so many people are having difficulties...
so far the most ive had to deal with is the occasional drop in framerate and the subtitles turning back on for certain conversations.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 03:27 AM   #23
the mighty stamar

i agree this game is awesome.

really well made so far. Exceeds my expectations. And it has a lot of replay value, its different for each tribe.

Ive just started it but havent run into bugs

I have a below specs machine but it runs very fast
better than doom3 did.

the other troika game i played i hated, it was temple of elemental evil. This one is really rad.

If anything it reminds me a lot of grand theft auto vice city. Very gritty and funny.

[ 11-22-2004, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:27 AM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Okay, i have the game now, runs kinda sluggish, but that's only normal when you have 256 MB RAM, but i'm working on that as well.

And i also ran into my first problem, maybe someone has some tips for me here...

I'm in the office of the factory where you plant the explosives. The route you came in is no longer an option, since the entrances behind you all seem to have mysteriously locked themselves. The only way is move forward, but then i find a few vampires on my path that are too much for my character to handle. Their big claws rip me to pieces with only a few blows. I can handle one of em, but i suffer so much damage that the second one means a certain death, and i don't have time to heal since the timer is ticking and i assume the entire complex blows up.

So is there another way to escape, one where i don't run into those creatures all the time ?

And how far do i need to be away from the explosion so that i don't get harmed ?
Old 11-22-2004, 02:45 PM   #25
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I just completed the game, I didn't run into any bugs either. WOLFGIR, try using "e" or remaping the use key to open things, I heard it work better for those that have that problem.

Johnny, try sneaking, if it fail try running. It's not a long way back, I think there was only 2-3 of them.

You really should raise your combat abilities a little more. There are times when you won't be able to avoid battles.

Even the Toreador have decent fighting abilities. Mine had 5 in celerity, and I could kill almost anything before they could react.

About the timer, I think I got to the end with at least 30 seconds left, you can afford to lose some time. At worst you can run up and scout the way, and then reload.

You'll know when you are safe.

[ 11-22-2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 11-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Made it, after finding some extra shotgun shells it was a piece of cake holding them off. Yeah, i know i need to raise my combat skills, but i have to gain points for that first, and so far they don't come easy.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:18 PM   #27
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You should also invest into your melee abilities. Guns have their damage haled against vampires I think.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:26 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
You should also invest into your melee abilities. Guns have their damage haled against vampires I think.
I know, but so far i only have an iron crowbar and a baseballbat. The opponents i faced so far weren't too tough, but when i advance i'm hoping i find some kind of sword, such as in Blade with Wesley Snipes. I'm not much of a gunslinger in these type of games anyway, and never even used one in Redemption, but this time the shotgun bailed me out. I would have been toast if i had only a bat to go up against those creatures in the warehouse. Those big claws did some heavy damage. What were those things anyway ? Nosferatu or something ?
Old 11-22-2004, 04:33 PM   #29
vesselle
Hathor

Light Bulb

i'm really enjoying this game. [img]smile.gif[/img] and after having played a certain haunted area, i'd put it right up there with undying, too. the game's got oodles of atmosphere. i was very freaked on that level.

my malky is a joy to play. insight, charisma, subterfuge, stealth, hacking and dementation! yeah! stealth kills are GREAT! [img]smile.gif[/img] and i love watching her feed. so much that i've forgotten to have her stop and got some humanity drops. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

i give it a 90-95 out of 100.

V***V
Old 11-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #30
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Actually, Veselle, it's kind of disturbing that you enjoy to watch her "feed." Anyways, I DO know that dementation is fun, though. Oh, and uranium bullets get full damage against vampires.
Johnny: If they had claws, and they weren't super ugly or disfigured, they were probably Gangrell.
(Realizes he knows far too much, and is getting strange looks. Slowly leaves the room, watching everyone in silence.)
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote