Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #101
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I haven't found a shotgun yet...unless you mean the M37? I've got a knife and am getting by - Celerity helps bigtime (I'm playing Marius the Toreador ).

I worked out the hotkeys and the sewer thing - I'm now in Downtown LA. Is there any way I can minimise this stuttering thing? It's the only thing ruining what is a great game for me. I've switched off EAX, changed my CGI draw number, updated my sound card drivers...anything else I can do?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #102
Stratos
Vampire

I don't know exactly how to fix the sound stuttering, I had the same problem with Half-Life 2 which uses the same game engine, but I've figured out that it helps a bit to just stand still for a few seconds right after you've entered an area.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #103
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Buy more RAM?

Get a decent graphics card?
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:32 AM   #104
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've already got almost 1GB of ram and an FX5900 I just bought a few months ago, surely that should be enough?

Old 02-03-2005, 01:47 AM   #105
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Send me your computer and I'll test it for you.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:02 AM   #106
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Are you willing to pay for the postage?

Old 02-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #107
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

By the way, I just finished the Museum of Natural History quest (trying to steal the sarcophagus) and no matter how I try I can't get through it without killing at least one guard (the one in the camera room). I can't sneak past him and it's too bloody hard to avoid the cameras without switching them off - and I don't suppose anyone was able to switch them off while he had his back turned in the room, did they?

Bugger it...I just decided to drain him and move on.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #108
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It's no big deal Memnoch, of the three times i went through this game now, i've never completed that mission the way Lacroix wants you to complete it. Just wreck some havoc, after all....you're a vampire, not a friggin missionary.

If you're worried about losing humanity, there's plenty of chances to make up for that later in the game.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #109
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think I stuffed up another mission, a minor one but I hate stuffing up missions - I went to the Luckee Star to try and find that Durbin bloke (I found him) but while doing that I accidentally frightened the hotel manager who was writing a screenplay about vamps (I told him he knew too much and had to die, and he freaked out). Now apparently I need to speak to him to find out who helped him with his screenplay (the stripper vamp gave me that quest after I killed the stripper vampire hunter) but now the hotel manager guy's disappeared!! I've stuffed this one, haven't I...

Old 02-03-2005, 03:41 PM   #110
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I think I stuffed up another mission, a minor one but I hate stuffing up missions - I went to the Luckee Star to try and find that Durbin bloke (I found him) but while doing that I accidentally frightened the hotel manager who was writing a screenplay about vamps (I told him he knew too much and had to die, and he freaked out). Now apparently I need to speak to him to find out who helped him with his screenplay (the stripper vamp gave me that quest after I killed the stripper vampire hunter) but now the hotel manager guy's disappeared!! I've stuffed this one, haven't I...
It's worse than this for me...

When I got in that section of town I explored around and found the hotel clerc. Being the good camarilla soldier that I am I promptly killed him off to protect the masquarade.

Then I talked to VV and got her quest to kill the striper. I killer her, but when I report back to VV, in the same conversation I turn in the striper quest, she ask me if I know about the clerc. My only available responce is "yeah, I killed him". VV then freak out, call me a monster and refuse to speak to me ver again...

So either I turn in the striper quest and piss off VV, or I ignore her the rest of the game and never finish the quest.

yay...