Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 04:25 PM   #11
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow:
You cant cast those spells because you dont really need to.

I don't quite follow you Shadow. Do you mean you won't cast them?

------------------
Old 07-03-2001, 04:37 PM   #12
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:

1. You are limited to only 5 summons. One of the sure-fire tactics to handle any hard encounter in BG1 was to send a horde of creatures at the opponent; generally, you would keep the wizards pounding out summons while your party's archers picked apart the opponent. In the final fight with Sarevok, my computer was running at a snail's pace, due to all of the summons I had out! By limiting you to 5 summons, this forces your party to actually engage many of the harder opponents (i.e. forcing you to actually be heroic, instead of hiding behind your summons).
I relied heavily on tanks in BGI and unfortunately did not use summons at all. An unlimited number of summons must have been an impressive sight in BGI. Maybe I'll have to go back just to see that.

However, 5 Mordiken's (sp?) swords, which are immune to most damage can do a great deal of damage in a relatively short period of time.

I am basing my opinion on my experiences. In BGII I beat the Twisted Rune on my 3rd try with a solo Sorcerer when in BGI it took an ungodly number of tries for my entire party to beat those stinking 4 Dwarves in Durlag’s Tower. Granted much of the difference had to do with tactics but this is why I say, IMHO, they are roughly proportionate in difficulty.

------------------

[This message has been edited by onthepequod (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-03-2001, 05:39 PM   #13
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
I relied heavily on tanks in BGI and unfortunately did not use summons at all. An unlimited number of summons must have been an impressive sight in BGI. Maybe I'll have to go back just to see that.
I paused the screen during the final battle, and counted 33 of my monsters (including 10 hobgoblin archers which sat behind the other creatures and pelted Sarevok to death). All of the opponents were (obviously) distracted by my monsters, and I finished the final battle without taking a single hit.

I think that this is what they were trying to avoid in BG2.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...