Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 06:57 PM   #1
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Had a weird run in with some harpers.
Jaheira left the group and then came back, saying we were summoned to the harper building. we went along and they wanted to put me in prison or some such place.
After a few attempts I won the ensuing fight. we then left immediately for hte Umar hills. (my main character, a ranger, had been summoned just before we stepped in to the harper building. We had to go kill the witch)
After finishing off in the hills, I went back to the city, only to be confronted by some harpers (forgot her name already!) and was told that I was to be judged, as murder had been committed. Jaheira protested our innocence to no avail and I promptly got a right royal kicking.
This happened every time I reloaded and entered the city. There was no way to avoid the fight at all.
The only way to solve it was to remove Jaheira from the party whilst I was still in the Umar hills (I saved just before I left there). She then said that we should be in the Harper building, so I can only assume that I didn't stay there long enough after my first fight. After removing her, she went back to the building as normal, and then the rest of my crew followed on.
I had Aerie cast as many spells as possible, and Yoshi set special traps around Jaheira outside the building.
I then asked Jaheira to rejoin. Promptly, the goons appeared and the fight started. Only the spells and Yoshis traps saved us (you don't get chance for spells during the normal fight)
Do I carry on? Have I made a permanent enemy of the harpers - they're too damn tough to keep fighting every five minutes.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:07 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Contains SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
From my own experience, I always get the option to not fight the group of Harpers that approach after the Harper Hold incidents. I always choose the option to tell Jaheria that "I don't want to spill more blood" (or something similar to that) and the Harpers would agree to return and reconsider about the "judgement".
But doesn't matter whether you choose to attack them or not, the quest continues.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-09-2001, 04:51 AM   #3
Killer
Banned User

just kill them solo i always do

death is the way of life Killer
Old 05-09-2001, 05:52 AM   #4
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

You can persist even with the Harpers as your enemies. I did originally, and yes, the fight was very tough. Not to worry. Things have a chance of turning out all right.

Plot Spoiler below.
IF your party reputation is higher, (I think 18 is the cutoff) the Harper team is less inclined to go to combat. If you are running an Evil aligned party, then Reputation is not an issue - slay the interlopers and sell their equipment!
They will continue to harass you as you progress, but you should be able to handle them.
Old 05-09-2001, 04:54 PM   #5
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Didn't have the choice of walking away from this. I said I didn't want to fight, but Jaheira and the Harper said something like they regretted what they were about to do, and we started the fisticuffs.
I restarted from about eight days before (game time) on another save. I've done the umar witch, but I haven't gone near the harper's place yet - I'll let you know if anything different happens with this.
Old 05-09-2001, 05:08 PM   #6
Marneus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Playing the game a 2nd time...didn't manage to have Jaheira leaving the group and then coming back, saying we were summoned to the harper building, an arguement and a fight this time... is there a trigger I missed (eg time on screen, conversation path elsewhere ???)
Old 05-16-2001, 03:17 PM   #7
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's definitely the time you spend inside the harper building.

SPOILER
Started from a save and went into the building. had the fight as usual.
Then after I'd topped the harpers, I wandered around the building, making sure I went in every room on every floor.
This time, a day or two later, the harper (revianne) who approached me took Jaheira's word and walked off. A few days later (after I'd done released Haer Dalis from the planar prison) A guy came up and said he was sent to assassinate Jaheira.
He too walked off after Jaheira renounced her allegiance to the Harpers. what happens next - I wait to see!!