Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Just thought to make a general thread about what we come across on TV or in the movie theater we may want to just make a comment on rather than make an entire thread about it.

For instance, I saw Bad Santa today (rented it). Was OK, funny at parts and kind of cute in parts. Was really crude though in a repetitive way, in other words they kept bringing back the same crude subject over and over again, when it would have been better to bring it up once, than leave it. Hard to explain, especially since it was a crude part. If you've seen the movie you may know what I'm talking about LOL. And then of course the F word is said 50 thousand times. And hey, I personally have no problem with the F word, use it often and am not offended at all by it. But in a comedy movie, you have to use that word carefully. It just seemed they just peppered the movie with the F word all the time, with many instances where it just wasn't funny, overdone. It's like somebody in production of this movie said "the more times we say the F word, the more people will laugh!

All in all, It was an OK movie, worthwhile to rent if you are bored, but don't think it's going to be some major Laughfest or anything LOL. At least for me, others may disagree totally, to each is own. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Blah, nothing on TV on Saturday nights here in Virginia USA. I'm now watching Pimp My Ride on MTV. Hey nothing else on. And I have some odd fascination with watching this show. Just so neat how they take some old total crap car and fix it up. Wish somebody would "pimp" my car out LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

recently seen movies??? ok here goes, in the past 3 days I have seen...the return of the king 4 times, the two towers 1 time, the fellowship twice, teenage mutant ninja turtles (the 80's movie) 1 time, the outsiders, and a few john wayne movies...yes all in 3 days time
Old 06-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #3
TyranyuZ

I saw Tigerland, and believe me they used a hell lot worse words there then just the f-word. The movie rocked, it's no surprise it was awarded for the best movie of the year!
Old 06-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Just watched Cradle 2 the Grave and Equilibrium on cable tonight. Cradle 2 the Grave wasn't that great (Kelly Hu and Gabrielle Union were hot, though... [img]smile.gif[/img] ). The best part was Jet Li's fight in the cage match against all of the fighters. Equilibrium was intriguing (not a great movie, but intriguing). Futuristic along the lines of 1984 and other "big brother" movies, but having Matrix-like fights.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:09 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I watched American History X yesterday wich is one of the best moveis I have ever seen, then I saw The day after tommorow last week. I think that`s all.

BTW what happend on Pimp my ride? (I forgot to watch it)
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:45 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well the last movie I watched before I went to dreamland was America's Sweethearts. I enjoyed the movie. It had a typical love story (well nothing new with love anyway) and a great cast. But then I think this movie is a light movie to watch which is also fun. A feel good movie
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:44 AM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
the return of the king 4 times
I hope it was with different commentaries at least.

In the last few days I saw Minority Report on DVD and Taxi 3 and I spy in the bustrip to Hungary.

I personally found I spy a bit too much in places. Fell asleep on Taxi 3.

Minority Report I think is good. That is why I have it on DVD.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:02 AM   #8
philip
Galvatron

Troy. Story was bad, not even close to the real stroy (translated parts myself from Greek). But the action was OK I suppose especially the large battles
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 08:39 AM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I also saw American History X, a spectacularly great movie with one of my favorite actors, Edward Norton. And it was a bit cool to see Avery Brooks there too. I also saw Hart's War, which is really good. A few days ago I also saw American Beauty which ranks really high on my fav movies list too, and stars another favorite actor, Kevin Spacey.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:59 PM   #10
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I am at work today and good will hunting came on so I decided to watch. And once again I liked it.

Sure do like the story. And the whole thing being a break for Matt and Ben is also cool. Goes to show you that any of us has a chance to make it into the show biz. Not that you may want too.