Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 06:59 AM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

im so looking forward to the new matrix movie=) is there any fans of the matrix here at ironworks? if it is do you have strong expectations for the new movie? i do^^ anyway im wondering whats it about havent seen much info about it can someone please tell me?
Old 05-06-2003, 07:03 AM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well I've seen the trailer. The special effects are gonna be amazing but the story goes into even more unbelievable stuff than before. I mean I'm all for fantasy stuff (D&D etc.) as long as there are set rules otherwise it's just stupid and anything can happen. This feeling of stupidly unrealistic things with no rules and therefore you know the hero can never die, seems to be what Matrix Reloaded is all about. How about Agent Smith (or whatever his name was) returning with multiple clones of himself and Neo taking them all on on his own .... ooh that's surprising.

Well anyway I think I'll see it just because of the level of action and special effects - don't expect too much from the storyline - here's hoping I am pleasantly mistaken.
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:05 AM   #3
lethoso
Manshoon

i'm seeing it thursday night, unsure of whether to wear my black trenchcoat or not [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 07:23 AM   #4
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I´m not a fan of action movies, but Matrix was good. Good counterbalance for horror, drama and westerns.. yeps, nothing wins a good western. [img]smile.gif[/img] But back to the topic. I´m not waiting for it, but you can expect more crazy special effects, even more twisted plot (and who knows what).
Old 05-06-2003, 08:41 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

this should be in the books and movies forum
Old 05-06-2003, 09:40 AM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
this should be in the books and movies forum
Oh shut up! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hey i saw the tralier. its comming out next week. i cant WAIT to watch it too.. sigh so many nice new movies commin out [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:36 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

THESE ARE NOT SPOILERS, BUT ARE VERY CLOSE TO IT

If you really want to be spoiled, get the most current TIME magazine. Truly a detailed look into the flick. I even know the super spoiler at the end, which I heard rumored two years ago -- mark my words you will note what may be THE BIGGEST LIE OF ALL.

Expect more layers of onion, machines that are sympathetic, views of Zion's politics that rival the Galactic Republic debates, and the best car chase scene ever (well, there's always an argument over that one).

Oh, one insight you'll get from the costume lady that actually is not revealed in the flick: the clothing worn in Zion is dictated by the fabrics they use -- everything is hydroponically grown, and these plants make the clothes.

The Matrix video game (PC and all consoles) actually supplements the movie, and explains the adventure Ghost and Niobe (Jada Pinket Smith's Character) have in between some scenes -- it explains how a letter ends up in Neo's hand that the movie doesn't explain. Oh, and in the game you can hold a button to enter "bullet time" slo motion at any moment, complete with the "rotate around the action" camera effects.

The Animatrix next month contains 9 anime flicks that looks deeper into the world, with 3 done by our eccentric genius brothers, including 2 of which detail the rise of the machines.

Hope I've got you all giddy with hinted-at spoilers. For a complete plot summary of the Matrix Reloaded, check out TIME (both the mag and the movie are made by TIME WARNER).

[edit] Because the brothers are fans, they wrote a part into the movie for Professor Cornell, of Harvard (I think). Apparently, in his down time he spent a lot of time discussing Derida with Reaves, Shakespeare with Fishburne, and the history of religion with the brothers.

[ 05-06-2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 05-06-2003, 10:39 AM   #9
MagiK

<font color="#f683ad">Im with Morgie...lets put this in the book and movie forum [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Old 05-06-2003, 11:47 AM   #10
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
mark my words you will note what may be THE BIGGEST LIE OF ALL.
There is a spoon!?!