Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

I have Icewind Dale II fully installed (and patched) in a Pentium IV, with 512Mb of RAM memory and an ATI Radeon 7500 64Mb, running Windows Xp professional; and, even if I set the gameplaying configurations to the lowest performance, it runs VERY slow, specially while on battle scenes. Does anybody has a good sugestion? Please, anyone whilling, help.
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:18 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Patch it. Or, just a hunch,where are you in the game?
Old 03-28-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Either shut down any running programs on your background and play the game. or restart the computer and try play the game to see whether it still slow.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:55 PM   #4
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

The game is fully patched. Every system un-related programs (except the game itself), are turned off. And... still... SLOW...
Is there no third party program able to deal with this kind of problem?!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Spoiler

It runs slow on mine sometimes when im at the tunnels underneath the orc stronghold
Old 03-30-2004, 04:15 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

That's what I was going at.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:29 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

I just had this problem, it drove me crazy. I t took deleting old games and junk off my hard drive which was 70% full. run full virus scans Adaware and spybot, then deleted all internet files and cookies, then defragged it. Finnaly after all that I restarted my computer and it now works fine

Is your hard drive getting full?
Also I noticed that though all other programmes where shut down I still had 28 systems running in the background behind the scenes! Does anyone know how to shut some of these down and which are safe to shut down?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:15 PM   #8
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

My computer has a 80Gb (7200rpm) hard drive, which is only 28% "full", and fully de-fragged. And... still... SLOW...
Old 03-31-2004, 08:51 PM   #9
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

FREE DOWNLOAD to fix your problem read below and use the link!!

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Go to the link below and find the spybot down load. this should fix your problem!!

http://shinobiresources.com/downloads.htm#SpyBot

down load this program and then open it in your "C" Drive after that run the program don't worry this is 100 % safe to run on any computer.
after you start the program a window will open and at the top of this window you will see a button that says HELP. Click on this help button and read the short and easy to understand directions. then trun the program and sit back and watch and wait for about 5 minutes after which it will have searched out all the spyware that has been stuck into your computer without your knowledge. the first time I ran it on my computer I found 837 different Spywares on my computer and upward to as many as 8 of each one making a grand total of 3207 spywares and they slow down your computer. they make your computer games run slow at times and load time is slowed.
once I removed all the spyware 98% of all my computer problems ended. I had the same problem with Icewind Dale II it would slow down and even lock up at times, after running spybot the first time the slow down stopped and has never happened again. I now use it once a week and I remove as many as 8 to 20 spywares from my computer every week sometimes even more.

[ 03-31-2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 04-02-2004, 01:06 AM   #10
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

u can ctrl alt delete to end task everything except explorer and iwd2