Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 08:54 AM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Just been to Ulgoths beard, done Shandalar's quest (too easy) and I've just been and purchased some items from the local storekeep.

The Cloak Of Displacement - Around 4500GP

What an item!!! IMPO, it should cost alot more than it does!!!

Quaterstaff +3 - Around 4000GP

Been needing this baby, Jaheria has had that Staff+1 since nr the start of the game!

Ring of Invisibility - Around 15000GP

Hmmm, bought it and give it my thief. Not sure how useful it will be as of yet...but does anyone know how many charges it has?

And what do you guys think was the best purchase?
Old 02-09-2002, 05:53 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

The cloak of displacement is a wonderful item, and in my opinion, one of the best in the game. You've done well to buy it.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:12 AM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Cloak of Displacement rocks! Personally I hardly ever use the ring of invisibility but that's probably just me.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:43 AM   #4
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Cloak of Displacement rocks!

I don't like it because you can't see your character. lol
And, I don't use Haste because it ages you a year.

[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 09:23 AM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

Of course you can see him!!!

He's just shifting side to side extremely quickly... Just same as the Blur spell and the infamous "Claw" !!

I don't think I will use the ring much...but my gold has soared back up already, so it doesn't really matter If I don't!

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]

Old 02-10-2002, 09:53 AM   #6
Thaoloren
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think they are all useful, cloack is best and staff worst tho [img]smile.gif[/img] I think the ring is good also, you can backstab like 10 times in a row at some enemy.
Thaoloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 10:06 AM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Staff is worst??? No way,,,its the best blunt weapon on the game, therefore the best Druid weapon on the game IMPO. I'll use the ring the least!
Old 02-10-2002, 11:53 AM   #8
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:

I don't like it because you can't see your character. lol
And, I don't use Haste because it ages you a year.

[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]

I agree--I can't tolerate the character's appearance when they are wearing the cloak of displacement (although for some reason I don't mind the effect from the Claw of Kazgaroth quite as much).

Btw, the aging of one year for each use of Haste was never actually implemented; or I should say there is no actual measurement of your character's age in the game. So you're only a year older in imagination; and since there is no actual measurement or effect of that kind in the game, I just pretend the aging effect of Haste doesn't exist at all (hey, roleplaying is all in the imagination anyway after all, heh).
Old 02-10-2002, 12:01 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

I've never imagined the haste effect either, and as it is one of the better spells in the game, I just totally ignore it!
Old 02-10-2002, 12:49 PM   #10
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I Never Used The Ring Of Invisability, But In Icewind Dale, There Is A Ring Of Invisability Which Makes You Permanantly Invisable Until You Attack! Then You Just Put It Back On And Your Invisable Again!! How Cool Is That!