Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2002, 09:46 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

I woke up this morning and my left wrist feels like there is a vise around it. I have heard about this CTS but I thought it was only suppose to happen to the arm you used you mouse with... and I'm not a lefty.
Has anyone else had it? what did you do to get rid of it?
Old 05-21-2002, 09:54 AM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

Here you'll find some general information and here is some information on how to go about treating it.

Old 05-21-2002, 01:49 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

You must make sure you get medical attention. It can cause permanent paralysis and numbness. I have had a different variety of RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) - tenosynivitis - through using the number pad to fast-key data at work - I had to lay off the PC for a month while it recovered. It doesn't hurt now, but for several weeks it was excruciating pain like a knifeblade running in jolts from my wrist to my shoulder. This was accompanied by crackling noises and sensations in my tendons when I moved my fingers, tingling, numbness etc.

I had this 9 years ago, and I permanently lost some of the strength and grip in my right hand, and if I lean on my elbow I still sometimes get a jolt of pain and tingling fingers.

My mum has CTS through writing at work, and has lost partial use of her right hand permanently, she can barely grip at all. It's not something to be taken lightly.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:42 PM   #4
Beltazar
Zhentarim Guard

Yes jorath, I feel the SAME WAY... my left wrist kills me..
Old 05-21-2002, 04:52 PM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
You must make sure you get medical attention. It can cause permanent paralysis and numbness. I have had a different variety of RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) - tenosynivitis - through using the number pad to fast-key data at work - I had to lay off the PC for a month while it recovered. It doesn't hurt now, but for several weeks it was excruciating pain like a knifeblade running in jolts from my wrist to my shoulder. This was accompanied by crackling noises and sensations in my tendons when I moved my fingers, tingling, numbness etc.

I had this 9 years ago, and I permanently lost some of the strength and grip in my right hand, and if I lean on my elbow I still sometimes get a jolt of pain and tingling fingers.

My mum has CTS through writing at work, and has lost partial use of her right hand permanently, she can barely grip at all. It's not something to be taken lightly.
Believe me I'm not taking it ligthly, it's mostly gone now, and after reading the link Arledrian gave me I don't think it's CTS, I don't feel any numbness just a lot of pain. I ordered a appointment at the doctor and there is nothing free for 2 weeks so I'll have to wait till then to see what it is. Just hope it won't hurt as bad until then.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:41 PM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I have CTS in the left hand, wrist and forearm. I just keep working it just as I do the arthritis in my neck, and for the most part, I don't have too much trouble with it.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:53 PM   #7
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I woke up this morning and my left wrist feels like there is a vise around it. I have heard about this CTS but I thought it was only suppose to happen to the arm you used you mouse with... and I'm not a lefty.
Has anyone else had it? what did you do to get rid of it?
I am out on workman's comp - at first I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel... but your symptoms aren't right. They eventually found that I have severe tendenitis. What did you do prior to waking up with that?

If it feels like a vise around your wrist, do you have any weakness connected to that? how is your neck? (A lot of problems with limbs begin with the neck, big surprise!)

Is it only one wrist or does the other hurt a little but not as much as the left?
Is it possible you slept on it wrong?

Lots of questions, but I am going through therapy now to deal with mine. My wrists, forearms and elbows needed help. Let me know.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:10 PM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I found a simple solustion to that problem myself, i got it in both hands... Magnets