Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 05:00 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey All,

I fought my way down today then wanted just to head back to the inn for a cold beer. after talking with the drow merchant on Level 13 ( and bribing him ) he mentioned that there used to be a teleporter back up but it was unstable?

Does this still exsist and can I use it ?

Any hints or tips would be appriciated.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Sorry T-D-C everybody is sworn to never tell where the portal back to lvl 2 is and then you can walk from there. but it is somewhere between lvl 9 and 13 and when and if you ever find it you can never tell where you found it when you do. Remember anybody can go into Undermountain, the trick is to escape from it. If everybody told where the secret doors out were the Ubers would pop in and out all day long.
OH yeah Ziroc moves it around so it's not always on the same floor. BWAAA HA HA HA .
TheCrimsomBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well just to spoil you a little .. its not in lvl 12..i searched every nook and cranny for it.. after 2 hours litterally, i never found it. telling ya to save you the pain of what i did.

edit: im still looking for it for the portal as well.

[ 06-12-2004, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 02:08 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

No one found this yet? Hmmm.. I'll check the script.

BTW, anyone do the level 5 wraith riddles today? Do they dissapear after opening the doors?

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Yes. I did that area yesterday and I walked right through that corridor with no riddles. There was nobody in the few levels below me either, so it looks like they might disappear until the reset...

Haven't checked today though
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It would no longer be Undermountain if one could transport "up". By the book's definition, one can only transport further "down" except by one portal that only Halaster knows about.

I read the book and Ziroc is doing a dang fine job sticking to it as much as can possibly be. I feel that there could be no other Undermountain as good as this, if you wanted realism to the book's standards.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:38 PM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i dont mind walking all the way back up, the only thing that sucks is that you are stuck in a certain floor because you dont have any key for it. also on lvl 5, how can you escape to level 4 when the riddle wraith are on the other side? .. escape is pretty hard indeed.
my 2c

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:25 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
i dont mind walking all the way back up, the only thing that sucks is that you are stuck in a certain floor because you dont have any key for it. also on lvl 5, how can you escape to level 4 when the riddle wraith are on the other side? .. escape is pretty hard indeed.
my 2c
Yeah, I am working on adding the option to buy that key back up at that Locksmith --Gimpy... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:51 AM   #9
StigTC

You can actually reach the riddle wraiths from the other side of the door. (Atleast my short armed dwarf could)

The problem is on level 4 where there's a gate that needs an actual key.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
my 2c
Yeah, I am working on adding the option to buy that key back up at that Locksmith --Gimpy... [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Ziroc maybe you could also make that key buying option on level 13 at the Drow market.