Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
The-Shark

So, what NPCs (not party members, that's another thread), locations, and monsters would you like to be put in BG3?

Me, I think it'd be kinda cool if you could go to maybe Sigil (and meet up with Morte, Grace, Annah, and/or Nordom from Torment), or possibly the Greyhawk world (Oerth). I also think it would be cool if they managed to make it 3E and put in the full Third Edition Player's Handbook compliment of weapons. It would really be nice to get a few more missile weapons besides Bows and Slings.

Old 01-16-2001, 07:35 PM   #2
bpm07

I'd love to see it take place in the areas around WAterdeep. Your good behaviour is upsetting Bhaal worshippers so now you're badly hunted night and day! Better weapons (+7 or something) and better dragons. I mean a dragons fav method of attack is to fly over his attackers and throw huge rocks at 'em and use his breath weapon.

Old 01-16-2001, 10:07 PM   #3
Armisael

Never had a dragon throw rocks at me, but I agree, they're tame compared to what they should be like. I'm not going to say anything about 3E until I actually see how it works, but I'm perfectly happy with 2E for the time being. Some better weapons, more +5s, Waterdeep or Kara-Tur, perhaps a better developed game path for evil characters, a tarrasque - I'm tired of feeling so powerful as the almighty HUMAN PLAYER - maybe some cellestials, an archon or two, the option to get in on the blood war, that spectator beholder from the Sahuagin city, a group of line-dancing liches, you get the idea.

Old 01-16-2001, 11:32 PM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmmm... BG3 would be like one of the most versatile games if it incorporated itself with the other planes as well (Torment). If the game includes planar travelling and Icewind Dale areas, this would mean MORE monsters. And If you include the Celestial Planes and the WHOLE of Nine Hells, MORE and MORE monster baddies! This might be LONGEST game and most versatile, but alas, methinks that this game cannot be handled by old joe CPUs because of the tremendous memory capacity it has... commonsense.
Old 01-17-2001, 02:29 AM   #5
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Waterdeep definatly
maybe even the undermountain
Old 01-17-2001, 03:56 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Waterdeep - so much scope for intrigue, adventure, high level foes, everything.

You're reaching round about the upper levels of heroism now though, to put things in perspective about potential foes, here's a list of prominent villains and their levels:

Manshoon - Leader of the Zhentarim - 19th level human mage
Artemis Entreri - famed assassin - 11th level human thief/15th level fighter
Elaith Craulnober - 9th level mage elven mage/ 9th level fighter
Fzoul Chembryl - 16th level human priest
Halaster Blackcloak - Mad Mage of Undermountain - 30th level human mage (who's lived for millenia - older than elminster!!!)
Jarlaxle - leader of Bregan D'aerthe - 17th level drow fighter
Lord Orgauth - Lord of Zhentil Keep - 10th level male fighter
Sememmon - Lord of Darkhold - 15th level human mage
Szass Tam - Zulkir of Necromancy, Thay - 29th level necromancer lich
Kymil Nimesin - gold elf 12th level fighter

So at the end of my game Viconia had leveled up higher than Fzoul Chembryl who is a BIG TIME baddie in Faerun.

Make no mistakes, your group can kick some hardcore ass.
Old 01-17-2001, 06:21 AM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Oh hey, didn't we kill Fzoul Chembryl in the gold box series? LOL
Old 01-17-2001, 08:36 AM   #8
Chutney

http://www.planescape-torment.com/im..._Iron_Fist.gif

Old 01-17-2001, 08:38 AM   #9
Chutney

Hmm, could someone tell me how to put those animations into the post, and if they would work on another board.

Ta

Old 01-17-2001, 08:40 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Like this?

Chutney, click on the help link at the top of the page.