Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2001, 03:26 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As I have been an active participant in the unfolding story of the ALSB versus the KFA, I have come up with some basic rules to be placed from this day foward. I would also like people to correct my mistakes, insert your input, and cheer us on as we continue our labors of making a pretty decent story. Hopefully, we can use this time as a practice to venture into another story later. For the Moderators and Ziroc, our leader...I would like to know what you think of our story, thus far, if you have bothered to read any of it. Did you see the dramatic detailed description of K. Spree vs. SSJ4 yesterday? (The part where she does the vine thing...that was awsome!!!)

OK...the rules...

1. Only members of the three tribes, KFA, ALSB, and HADB should participate, as the whole story involves them.
2. Anyone can join a clan, thus becoming a part of the story.
3. Any nonsense posts, like."I kill all your guards with a +5 firestorm" will be ignored, as though it did not happen. We want real role-play, and the plot should be left open for the next person to make a reaction.
4. Nobody is to take this personally. I have seen some people get upset for no real reason. I have been in contact with some of these player outside of Ironworks, and have told them how much I appreciate them and their contribution. I have not taken offense to anything they have said against me, because their words were against my character, not me in real life.
5. Anyone not wishing to play does not have to, but you will be missed.
6. Note that there is one thread for the home of KFA, one thread for the home of ALSB and one thread for the home of HADB. The home thread for KFA is located at the moment on BGII site. They will relocate upon completion of 250 posts, in which Ziroc will close the thread so that they can start another, in G. Disc.
7. When you wish to travel to another's home thread...don't just show up and start shooting without writing out how you got there. I mean, In the temple, we are not going to have evil people just hanging around. Tell us how you got in, and let us play it out. Travel between clan homes should be documented.

I think that by following these guides, we can have alot of fun, but most important is that we are using our creative minds to come together, become friends, and make something of VALUE.

I want to thank Kaz, SSJ4, and Avatar for their involvement thus far. You guys/gal are helping me alot on my side of it, and sadly enough, you are the only ones that are on my side of the story.

I want to recognize Killing Spree, Deiter Leafblade, and Desuma_Malevois for being active, intelligent participants against us. Your creativity is wonderful.

I want to also recognize DraonMage for this humorous piece...
Quote:
*grabs Gwhanos by the ear and starts to haul him off down the street...You hear the dwindling voice of DragonMage saying: "You just come along with me, young man! Sheesh - what are you doing - trying to ruin the cease-fire? You just stay out of that Temple from now on! OOooh! Boast and bluster all you like, but we agreed to leave them alone in their own Temple! Do you want them bursting into our castle behaving like that??? SHEESH! The things I gotta do around here......*

If I have left anyone out, like the guy that called the inspector on the KFA resturaunt, I apologize, because I am at work right now, and my boss has caught me twice not doing my work while typing this very letter.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

sounds good

------------------
Bronze Cavalier of ALSB, symbol and protector of goodness

May light illuminate u all
Old 10-04-2001, 03:35 PM   #3
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Oh, Larry, I so totally agree! (And I'm glad you liked that little piece I was afraid people would be upset with me for barging in like that.)

I particulary like it when people get creative and put in asides and stage direction. Killing Spree, in particular, is SUPER. Storytelling role-playing is my favorite style. All the 'shoot-em-up' that's been floating around was getting a bit old for me. I like it sometimes, but we have such creative people here, they should really put it to good use here. This should be much fun!!!!

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sometime when the forum is almost empty, I'll reread all the threads (aack) and make the whole thing into a story. Should be hilarious, especially DragonMage's debut and the many failed truces.

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Old 10-04-2001, 03:40 PM   #5
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

a game ?

------------------
Member of ALSB
Planar Prison Keeper
Web Page Builder
Maker of the chicken
master and controler of all what lives in the Undark

and a Mage , With Imprison spell
Old 10-04-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Sometime when the forum is almost empty, I'll reread all the threads (aack) and make the whole thing into a story. Should be hilarious, especially DragonMage's debut and the many failed truces.

HEY!!! Hey!!!
I was just thinking!!! (miracle, I know, but that is another story...)
We need someone to take all of our stories, that is compiled on all the threads...and paste them onto a word document. that way, we do not lose this valuable story, and later, we can publish it on a website for all to read as one compiled story. What do you say??? Who would do this?
The perosn would also be in charge of fixing spelling and grammatical errors so that our new compiled story is better.

Also, be thinking about what Ziroc said about the site going down for a few days. How will we continue the story? E-mail???

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

Old 10-04-2001, 03:45 PM   #7
Kaz

I'll start tomorrow.
If you like, I can do one "original" version and one with a bit of narrating done. Any ideas on what threads I should use and in what order I should reread them?

------------------

Lux omnis est
Old 10-04-2001, 03:48 PM   #8
Conan

I love the creative writings that fill some of the pages at IW! So much effort and time is put into all of them. I try to read them all. I will respect your grounds and give you all permission to include me if you want. As you know one of my role playing themes here is to bring peace to all the clans. (I am a peace advocate in real life also ) I will be there reading ! Write on..or is it right on

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 10-04-2001, 03:50 PM   #9
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I'll start tomorrow.
If you like, I can do one "original" version and one with a bit of narrating done. Any ideas on what threads I should use and in what order I should reread them?
I could help, as well, Kaz - if you think you'd need it. There are going to be quite a few threads to 'pick' through, I'm thinking. If you want my help, we could assign ourselves certain threads to look through so one person doesn't go blind or crazy. Then, I could e-mail you what I pick out. Just let me know.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-04-2001, 03:56 PM   #10
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I could help, as well, Kaz - if you think you'd need it. There are going to be quite a few threads to 'pick' through, I'm thinking. If you want my help, we could assign ourselves certain threads to look through so one person doesn't go blind or crazy. Then, I could e-mail you what I pick out. Just let me know.
That would be great! I see you've gone color crazy. Hmm... maybe I'll adopt a font color one day... I already have one Well? I'll have to check when the story began. Maybe we could begin writing when KFA is formed and do a bit of a prologue about how ALSB came into existence? Then we'd start with the first KFA thread and the end of the first temple thread.

------------------

Lux omnis est